Pages: 1
RSS
Question About Licensing

Hello,

I have four TB Professional licenses, at least two of which I know are good for v10 when it is released.  The other two are at least good for v9.  I have TB installed on three separate computers.  My problem is that I don't know which licenses go with each installation so I don't know which of my four licenses is still usable on a new computer.  I have the purchase reference numbers and product keys that were sent to me when I made the purchases and I can see the serial numbers of the installed products in the Help->About box of each product.

Is there any way I can correlate the licenses with the installed products?  Also, if I decide to uninstall TB from a computer and want to use that license on a different computer, do I just do it on the "honor system" or is there more involved?

Thanks,
Ray

Ray Mitchell wrote:
My problem is that I don't know which licenses go with each installation so I don't know which of my four licenses is still usable on a new computer.

Have another look at the messages that you received with your registration codes. They should also show a serial number, e.g. "Congratulations, you are now the owner of The Bat! v9 S/N 987654321 / Professional Edition."  Those serial numbers also show in the Help | About screen.

[..] do I just do it on the "honor system" [..]

Yes, at least that's my recollection.

P.S. there's a 25% off Christmas sale going on, so if you need a few upgrades, today might be a good day to buy them (the announcement says that the sale will end tomorrow, so I would assume that you can still get the discount tomorrow, but with time zone differences, etc, it might be better not to wait until the last moment).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

FIRST, the 25% upgrade is ONLY for users who did NOT yet purchase version 9. That is for users with versions OLDER than 9. If you have 9 and purchased June 1st or later, you will get version 10 free. If you purchased ver 9 prior to June 1, you will be offered a 70% off upgrade when 10 is available.  If unsure, ask tech support and show them your license number.

david
Edited: david kirk - 26 December 2021 21:30:02

Thanks for the correction/addendum, David!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1