Pages: 1
RSS
Error during create reading confirmation, Access violation at address 018A6F50 in module thebat32.exe. Read of address 000002D0

Hello,
after updating to the version "The Bat! v9.5 Christmas Edition", I get the following error message for every e-mail (all accounts) for which a read receipt is to be created (because the sender has set the request):

"Access violation at address 018A6F50 in module thebat32.exe. Read of address 000002D0".

After full uninstall & install version 8 (the earliest one I installed when I bought the licence) - it runs perfectly.
But when I upgrade to the newer versions (9.x), the error message appears again.

Of course I can always write myself "thanks, I got your email", but if I can do it automatically, it's much more convenient.
The problem also exists when I set up a new account.
Any ideas, how to fix this?
TIA

PS In case it's important: I had problems with read receipt under Win10Home (64bit) before, they were caused by Avast, now I have Win10Pro (64bit) and Eset - and I had no problems until December 2021...
Edited: traber - 03 January 2022 14:43:12

I don't think that this problem has been discussed here before, so I doubt if anyone has a solution for it. It may be better if you report this directly to the developers and tech support using the Support menu at the top of the page.

ps: Have you tried the 64-bit version of The Bat (since you also have a 64b Windows version)?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Have you tried the 64-bit version of The Bat (since you also have a 64b Windows version)?
No, I didn't try the 64bit version this time.
I have been using TheBat for about 20 years (I think since version 1.6) and I have always installed the 32bit version (also by WinXP and Win7 - it was always Win 64bit), because TheBat 64bit always caused some kind of problems. Even after switching to Win10, when I bought the upgrade to version 8, the 32bit version worked better.
But maybe that's the way: install version 64bit, then uninstall and install version 32bit again?

The same story :(
[/IMG]

>>  because TheBat 64bit always caused some kind of problems
Are you in strange luddites cult? I'm in with TB! x64 by many years.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

traber wrote:
[IMG WIDTH

Do a link to image on some imagestore service like screencast.com and send directly to support

>> Eset
What if you try to delete Eset and try again?
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

George Salnik wrote:
Are you in strange luddites cult?

George!! Please don't say crazy and offensive things to our visitors.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

traber wrote:

Too bad! The only other thing that I can think of, is to reboot in Safe Mode (Safe Mode with Internet Access). That will run Windows without non-essential startup programs, services and drivers. So, if one of those was causing the problem, maybe it will go away.

If that doesn't help, it is probably best to ask Ritlabs' own tech support people.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
George Salnik wrote:
Are you in strange luddites cult?
George!! Please don't say crazy and offensive things to our visitors.
Humor not always needs a smile images.

I don't have a solution but I have seeming randomly gotten these types of access violation errors fairly regularly with every version of TB I've ever used including v9.5.  I just exit TB and restart it.  Although annoying I doubt it will ever be resolved.  It's probably an errant pointer or memory leak somewhere :-(
Pages: 1