Pages: 1
RSS
Reply All with Quoted text problem, Quoted text being applied to future replies.

I use "Reply with Quoted Text" <F4> VERY Often.

I have also added a toolbar button that is "Reply All with Quoted Text"

If I highlight text in a message and click this button, both methods works great.

However..... At a later time and working with a different message, if I click the button OR press <F4> without any text highlighted, I get the text that was quoted earlier.

So, it must be using some sort of copy and paste mechanism for the reply with quoted text. I think the variable that stores the quoted text should be cleared after the message is sent.

I've had more than a few clients question the quoted parts of an e-mail because the quoted text was from another client as a result of this issue.

Thanks.

Hi Jasper, that sounds like an annoying bug. However, this is mostly a user-to-user forum. Please also report this directly to Ritlabs so that they can fix it (see 'Support' in the menu above), and please mention your versions of The Bat and Windows when you write to them, so they can (hopefully) reproduce it.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1