Pages: 1
RSS
IMAP - Create new folder off Root?

Seemed simple enough.  I can't create new folders off the Root folder in my IMAP view.  I can create new folders beneath Inbox.  Interesting side effect of that, when I deleted the two sub-folders I had created beneath Inbox it wiped out my Inbox contents too.  Fortunately, restarting fixed that.

When I click OK I do see a millisecond of some progress message but that goes away and nothing in the logs.

Maybe a synching problem with the mailserver? Have you tried creating the folder there (on the mailserver, through its webmail interface) as a workaround?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Maybe my server/provider is just goofy.  Since The Bat! would only allow me to create folders beneath EXISTING folders, I added several beneath Inbox (from a Bat! perspective).  Then when I look at webmail, those folders are listed separately - beneath an entry titled for my domain.  So maybe my provider just does not permit user created folders at the same level as the first four.  

Inbox
Drafts
Sent
Trash

mydomain.com
Active
Old
Pending
Pages: 1