Pages: 1
RSS
Using old IMAP functionality, How to use IMAP as POP like in older versions of Bat?

I used to use The Bat! Christmas Edition. It didn't had the full IMAP support which the new versions have. But it was so easy to use it with my IMAP mail account. Messages just got downloaded with attachments and all just like POP3. But I am not able to use the new Bat v3 in same manner. Does anyone know here how to configure the client for a IMAP account so that it downloads all messages into Inbox, deletes messages locally (I mean no sychronization etc) and works like POP3 account? At present whenever a new mail arrives, the Bat starts showing it in Inbox list in a minute even when I didn't press the check mail button. How is it doing it? I want more control over Bat. I want it to check mail only when I wish to. How do I do that? Please help me.

I had the same problem, and finally just gave up and uninstalled it. Tried again later, problem still existed. I figured I'd at least see if it would work as a full IMAP (if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?), but then all I could get was a list of my mail. Nothing would actually download, no matter what I did. Fresh install, no plugins (unless they came by default), no reason I can think of for the errors, but nothing works.

Like Akash above, I prefer to handle all my mail locally. I don't use folders and such online. However, my email provider only allows me to use IMAP to connect. POP3 is reserved for higher levels of membership. This wasn't a problem in the original versions of TB, but now nothing works right. I can't even create local folders to filter mail into!
Pages: 1