Pages: 1
RSS
Error code 121 when I launch The Bat!

This is new, so I assume it's something Windows did, but when I launch The Bat!, I get this popup error:
System error. Code: 121. Message: The semaphore timeout period has expired. Location: ConnectToRemoteServerPipe; WaitServerNamedPipe try counter exceeded.
and The Bat! doesn't launch. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Apparently it's a Windows error. I'd start by googling it and trying some of the suggestions that come up.

(Actually, first I'd reboot the computer to see if that solves the problem)

Are you using any network drives when you run The Bat?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks I googled before posting (should have said that) and there was a lot of stuff about network drives, and apps that would solve it (?). No network drives for me here, not even an external.

Will dig further but wondered if a Windows update had broken something in The Bat! that would require a patch.

Now I feel you're just showing off. ;)

I restarted (actually shut down and powered up) and now it seems to be working. I should really try to understand what happened, but given that Windows is getting so impenetrable, I'm inclined to shrug and keep working.

Thanks again.

Hehe. Nah, rebooting was just the easiest solution that was suggested somewhere when I googled it! :-)

Anyway, glad that it worked and hopefully that was the last that you've seen of that problem.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1