Pages: 1
RSS
Can you make a rule that shows emails only from a certain sender as plain text ?

I want most emails to be shown as HTML, but emails from one particular sender to always be shown as plain text. Is that possible?

Alternatively, is there a way to force a specific background color for all HTML emails in the viewer?
Edited: Slugger Baloney - 23 March 2022 21:59:48

I'm not aware of ways to accomplish either..

I haven't tried this, but if it's important, maybe you could filter messages from that person (or HTML message in general) and generate new plain text messages that are based on those original matching messages.

To match HTML messages in a filter, I'd try this filter condition: ['FILE' - 'matching mask' - 'Message.html']. As an Action to recreate them in text format, you'd use the filter action 'Create a Formatted Message'. If I recall correctly, it allows you to retain the original header fields and you can use the %TEXT macro in the message template to copy the original text.

(The only other possible solution that I can think of would be to have the filter perform an external action on the messages, in which a 3d party tool -if it exists- would convert the HTML to text).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

OK I will try that

For a future suggestion, it would be nice to have an option to ignore the background color setting in HTML emails, so they could always be a certain color (like white). I enjoy the Dark theme, but I dont like how it turns all the backgrounds on my emails dark.  
Edited: Slugger Baloney - 24 March 2022 19:16:51
Pages: 1