Pages: 1
RSS
Deleted / Moved / hidden files

Hello, please help. I have made huge mistake and spending all day reading/trying to fix it.

I have pressed combination of 2-3 keys - one of them is delete and all my messages in the inbox are gone.
I am using POP3 server, therefor unable to load / restore them from server.
It was not deleted usually ways - uncover deleled messages do nothing (no strikethrough messages are vissible)
Nor this messages are in the trash. I had very important messages  there and found out, that backup was not set at all. therefor
can not recever it. Nor "playing" with files (changing name, recovering structure, importing/exporting, etc. give me no results.

I wondering if there is shorcut that could do this (hide, or do something with the messages). Did not find them
here: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/tips-and-tricks/3831/  

I have no idea which command could do this. Even if you delete all messages, you should be able to find them in the trashcan or see them when you use the 'browse deleted messages' command.

This is far-fetched, but are you sure that you haven't simply activated a (quick) filter? For instance if all messages have been read, the 'Unread' filter will hide them all.

Could it be that you have used the Purge+Compact command and that somehow all messages qualified for purging? Or maybe you mistakenly moved the messages to a different folder..? When you right-click on the inbox and choose Properties, and look under Deletion, does it have strange deletion settings that explain what happened?

The first thing that I would do is go to The Bat's mail folder on your harddrive, then into the Inbox subfolder of that account, and check if the MESSAGES.TBB and MESSAGES.TBN files are still there (if you use encryption in The Bat these files will have different extensions). If they're still there, make copies on an USB disk or some other medium 'just in case', before you do anything else.

For now, best of luck!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thank you Daniel for your response. Unfortunately no filter is active, I have tried also install/uninstall the program...
Purge+compact require to confirm the action, so no this was not the case. Under Delection i have standard settings as the bat set is on start.

I am desperate...  

Do MESSAGES.TBB and MESSAGES.TBN  still exist?

Can you still see the Inbox folder at all in The Bat?

Have you also contacted Ritlabs' technical support people? See the Support option in the menu at the top of the page, maybe you can refer them to this topic so you do not have to explain the problem again.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Yes I can still see it and i am working with it. Most likely messages are irreversibly gone. Only logical solution is, that I have somehow trigger delete and purge...  

I wonder if this 3d party tool could help you: https://www.bitrecover.com/free/the-bat-viewer/
Pages: 1