Pages: 1
RSS
How to exclude own address from "Reply to All" ?

Hi ,

i sometimes get emails which are both adressed to myself and other recipients . If I "Reply to All" to such email, everyone receives a reply as desired, but i also get one, which i do not want. Is there a setting to automatically  exclude my own address from "Reply to All"? I browsed through the settings and could not find it, maybe someone here knows the trick.

Thanks,
Norman

I'm not familiar with a setting that would solve that.

Maybe a 'quick template' could be construed that generates a reply to the original sender/cc/bcc but not to the original recipient. Or, maybe you can tolerate that the replies also go out to yourself, and use a filter to delete them when they reach your inbox.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thank you, I will go and create a filter for this.

TB! should do this automatically without any special setting if the address you were e-mailed to matches your address in the account properties.(General section, From and/or Reply-To information).

I'm having a similar issue since my e-mail server is configured to have multiple addresses pointing to the same inbox. So, if someone writes to an address different from the one in the account profile, when I do a Reply All the address will stay among the recipients. If I don't delete is manually I will receive my own message. However, since now there are two of my addresses among the recipients, if someone does a Reply All on that one, I will receive two copies...

I guess this is a job for filters.
Pages: 1