Pages: 1
RSS
Unified folder, colors distinguishing messages from multiple accounts

Hello,

As I understand it a virtual folder can contain messages from multiple folders and/or accounts.

Within the unified folder, how does one distinguish which account that message is linked to?  That is, is it possible to configure the color groups such that messages from account A have a red back ground, those from account B have a blue background.  I played around with the color groups as far as individual real folders, but can't seem to get that to pass along to virtual folders. I think i'm doing it wrong.

Is this even possible?  How?

Thank you

J Sol wrote:
As I understand it a virtual folder can contain messages from multiple folders and/or accounts.

Within the unified folder, how does one distinguish which account that message is linked to?
Messages seen in virtual folders have exactly the same attributes (color, read/unread status, etc.) as in their original folders. So, to distinguish them on account basis you should give them adequate colors in particular accounts. It means, in every account you should create the filter for incoming mail that will color messages (for color A on account A, color B on account B etc.).

That was the missing link.  Now I understand.

After playing around with this a bit, i'm finding it difficult to view the message list when the entire line's background is colorized (vs white).

On my android tablet I use something called aqua mail which allows very granular email client configuration including most of the UI elements.  My unified folder looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/5OX3Oa1.png

Note the colorized triangles in the top left corner of each message rectangle. The rest of the rectangle is navy blue for unread, and gray (timestamp 00:50) for read). This works well on a tablet device. For the pc, just having a colorized indicator for each account would be ideal.  Is this possible with thebat?

You can use another attribute of message available in The Bat!, namely "Tags" (Options > Preferences > Message List > Message Tags). First, you should define for example tag "A", which will be used for tagging messages from account "A", then tag "B" for account "B", etc. Then for each account, you should define a filter that will tag accordingly the incoming mail. Tags will be visible on the message list in the virtual folder, similarly to the other message attributes.

When defining colors you may select different text and background styles for messages, so combining them with tags will give satisfactory results.

Perfect! Used a single letter tag with a narrow column width. Fixed both text and background colors to be the same. End result looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/wSERXjP.png
Pages: 1