Pages: 1
RSS
Problems instalation

Hi all

I have TheBat V9.5.1 (64bit) installed.When starting it indicates a new version V10.0.1
Download
Install
Notice of need for a new key
Go to Ritlabs and pay for a new key
I put the new key
all ok
next day
Open TheBat
It says I need a new key.
I put the key
It says there is a new version V10.0.3
Download and install
checked ok
next day
Open TheBat
it says i have v9.5.1
I install V10.0.3
close and open TheBat
it says i have v9.5.1
I go to the file manager
in the TheBat folder I have two executables
TheBat64.exe of 47Mb and TBLauncher64.exe of 4Mb

Any idea or explanation?

Use W10 Pro Vers 21H2 Comp. 19044.1645

I'd suggest reporting this to Ritlabs' tech support people at https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Possible workaround:

It seems that the update to version 10 didn't update the link to the new .exe-file name.
At least for me it worked to start TheBat! now with the TBLauncher64.exe. I changed the file name manually in the links.

TheBat64.exe still starts version 9.5.1 for me. The update appareantly has kept the old installation in place. Maybe for backup-reasons or sth.
Edited: Niklas - 07 May 2022 16:39:14

Did you get a warning? I'm using the 32 bit version but got the following warning:

Warning 1909: Could not create Shortcut The Bat! 32-bit.lnk. Verify that the folder exists and that you can access it.

I'm having issues. I've been told that there is a newer version about three times. Install prompts for change, repair or remove it. I've done repair.
If I go to Help/About it says version 10.0, not 10.0.3. If I go to help/Check for update - it says "You are up to date"

AntiSpam Sniper (latest version) disappeared after the update.

Doug Fitzpatrick wrote:

If I go to Help/About it says version 10.0, not 10.0.3. If I go to help/Check for update - it says "You are up to date"
If I launch with TBLauncher.exe instead of thebat.exe, I get version 10.0.3 displayed and the correct site license (number of seats) information.  

Thanks

Go to support

Having installed TB 10.0.10 (32 bit) on two machines, I don't think the installation replaces the previous version. Existing icons start the previous version. I have deleted those icons for the previous version.

Using File Manager I went to C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/StartMenu/Programs/The Bat. I found a file "The Bat! 32-bit" and clicking on it started version 10.0.10. I right-clicked on that file and used Create Shortcut to place an icon on the desktop, and dragged that to the taskbar, and those work.

Don't know if it is good practice, but it got the the version started.

When I did the upgrade from 6.6.8 I clicked on the icon for 6.6.8 in the taskbar thinking vers 10 would have captured the same icon. It hadn't and version 6.6.8 ran. I then noticed the new vers 10 icon on my desktop and ran that. As such I had the two version on my PC. I just went to Windows settings and uninstalled vers 6.6.8.
Pages: 1