Pages: 1
RSS
What Does "Clear Cache" in HTML Viewer Do?, Some Advice Please

I'm trying to come to grips with the vers 10 upgrade and came across Clear Cache (currently 23.44mb) in Preferences/HTML Viewer. I don't remember seeing it in vers 6.8.8.

Could someone please advise me as to what happens if I choose to Clear the Cache or if I choose NOT to clear it, would the Cache grow significantly if I don't clear it?  What does the cache contain? Can I view/edit the contents and choose what to keep or delete? Does it for instance delete HTML emails held in my inbox?

Thanks

Some of html files doesn't contain embedded images, that images can be downloaded and cached inside TB!

Sel ect “Download images for current message”, to retrieve external media from the selected email only. In this case all the remote images embedded in that particular message will be downloaded into the local cache. No images will be downloaded into another message fr om the same sender.

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/69/?sphrase_id=3050754#6628

>>  Can I view/edit the contents and choose what to keep or delete?
There is no such a feature, you can only delete whole the cache
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

George Salnik wrote:
Some of html files doesn't contain embedded images, that images can be downloaded and cached inside TB!

Sel ect “Download images for current message”, to retrieve external media from the selected email only. In this case all the remote images embedded in that particular message will be downloaded into the local cache. No images will be downloaded into another message fr om the same sender.

Thank you.

From the above, I understand there is no such a feature to delete part of the cache.

Unfortunately, even after studdying the link I cannot fully understand the the function of the HTML Viewer.

My workaround might be to Automatically Accept Downloads and make a calendar note to delete the Cache from time to time.  I'd really need to be sat in a classroom and be able to ask questions as and when required, such as: If a message in my inbox contributed to the cache, say 500kb and a second email contributed 300kb, if I then deleted the first message would the cache reduce in size to 300mb?

I find thehe wording "The Bat! that takes control over the external media download" confusing, in simple terms what exactly does it mean? (besides taking control etc). By media does it mean images?

Thanks

>> The Bat! that takes control over the external media download
Many spam-letters (and non-spam too) use it external-images for the doing future spam (for example: you download an image and they automatically add you to the base of alive emails for the future massive spam, they can sale your email address, etc/etc). I do prefer to have it manual image downloading for ALL unknown letters. If I do know sender email address I do one-time and one thing

screenshot link

This is very cool feature and I don't know any other email-client that have such a thing.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

David Payne wrote:
George Salnik wrote:

Thank you.

From the above, I understand there is no such a feature to delete part of the cache.

Unfortunately, even after studdying the link I cannot fully understand the the function of the HTML Viewer.

My workaround might be to Automatically Accept Downloads and make a calendar note to delete the Cache from time to time.  I'd really need to be sat in a classroom and be able to ask questions as and when required, such as: If a message in my inbox contributed to the cache, say 500kb and a second email contributed 300kb, if I then deleted the first message would the cache reduce in size to 300mb?

I find thehe wording "The Bat! that takes control over the external media download" confusing, in simple terms what exactly does it mean? (besides taking control etc). By media does it mean images?

Thanks
I've discovered why I couldn't fully understand the function of the HTML Viewer, simple answer it doesn't work with most of the emails on my system. I've opened a ticket. Thanks  

Windows 10. vers 21H2
Pages: 1