Pages: 1
RSS
How to check mail?, Does not check ALL accounts, does not check periodically

I'm back to TB after a year at EPIM and really like the new look.  But I have serious problems CHECKING MAIL!

1)  The CHECK MAIL button is greyed out when in my virtual inbox.
2)  When I move to an account and click on Get Mail For ALL it ONLY checks the one account.

I've gone through each of the 12 account properties, made sure that it's not EXCLUDED from Get Mail For All, what's the secret trick to actually get mail?

Thanks much for any pointers!
Edited: Christine Baker - 08 June 2022 00:48:57 (periodic checks work now)

Christine Baker wrote:
1)  The CHECK MAIL button is greyed out when in my virtual inbox.
2)  When I move to an account and click on Get Mail For ALL it ONLY checks the one account.

1) Virtual folders are not accounts that can be checked for new mail. They're filled with (pointers to) qualifying messages from the real accounts.

2) Are you sure that you have an icon for 'Get new mail for all' and not just the regular 'Receive new mail' icon? What happens when you press Alt-F2 (shortcut for Get Mail for All)?  In my older version of The Bat, the Receive New Mail button has an arrow to its right that represents a pull-down menu that has a 'Get Mail for All' command - is that what you used?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks, Daniel.

I don't understand why checking ALL mail is related to what account, if any, you're viewing.   I just want to check ALL mail.  99% of the time I'm viewing my virtual inbox, so WHY move away from it to be able to check mail?  Just to go back to it?

AND, it only checks mail for the account I'm viewing.  While NOT greyed out, I click the button to check ALL mail.  Can't see any reason to ever NOT check all mail unless an account has mail problems and you need to test.

Alt F2 changes the brightness of my display, same as without the ALT key.

It's really not that big a deal since the auto mail check works.  Just annoying when you need one of those stupid verification codes, don't even know which email address it's going to -- checking ALL mail is the way to go.   Only used it for a day, but have not found any way to check all mail other than to close and restart TB.

Have to say that v. 10 looks really amazing, love the new buttons and icon.   But I figured there might be some issues since it was just released.

When you say you 'click on Get Mail For ALL', do you mean a button? I'm not aware of such a button in the default toolbar. Are you sure that this button performs the 'get mail for all' task?

Have you tried 'Get new mail for all' from the Tools menu instead?

When you press Alt-F2 in The Bat, it should check mail for all accounts. If on your computer it changes the brightness, a third party program must be intercepting that key combination and use it as a system hotkey, which I think is unusual and undesirable because Alt-Fn hotkeys are very commonly used in all sorts of applications (like The Bat), and it's not a good idea to have system hotkeys interfere with that.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I've just been looking around here, but can't find the forum for v. 10 bug reports.   Am I missing it?

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/ - send all your bugs here.

I can't say nothing about your bug, because hide all the default buttons forever 10+ years and don't wanna even unhide for some minute.

I used to set (or it was default) F11 shortcut for "SEND+CHECK ALL" and use it without problems and too have such a button on non default-palette of buttons and it too works.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I have no interest in private support at this time as I am in litigation and I need to be able to include the links to the many issues I encounter in my court filings or requests to extend deadlines due to the ongoing problems.

Just switched from EPIM after a 2-months NIGHTMARE, wasting hundreds of hours of my precious time.   The attorneys and the judge ought to see for themselves what I'm going through.

And, it is EXTREMELY ineffective to provide support to countless individuals instead of just ONE at the forum and the others can read here.

Developers get a LOT more done when they are EFFICIENT and HIGHLY ORGANIZED!

And I would save MANY hours if I could easily scroll through the listing of bugs instead of having to start a new topic for each issue.

You are the first person to report an inability to "check all" accounts for email here. There is no known bug -as far as I know- that would cause this problem.

If you offer no feedback to the suggestions made, people here will be unable to help you.
Pages: 1