Pages: 1
RSS
Archiving Emails

Hey there. I am looking for a way to archive, rather than delete, my emails. Most email clients have an archive button that sends the email to either an Archive folder or an "All Mail" folder. I could just drag them to an "Archive" folder myself, but since I used a combined inbox with multiple accounts, it can be a pain to drill down to the right folder in the right account.

Does The Bat have something like this? Could I map the delete key to this?

Thanks

I don't know if/how this works with virtual folders, I think you'll have to try. But in the properties of an account (well, POP3 accounts anyway.. I don't know about IMAP), under Mail Handling, you'll find settings for deletion, and one of the options there is to move deleted and purged messages to a specified folder.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

>>  it can be a pain to drill down to the right folder in the right account.
You can do sorting filter with rule about send emails to archive folder. For any sorting filter you can add shortcut.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Shortcut CTRL+V moving selected messages to another folder, it stores last start folder to move, hence if you usually moves messages to archive folders you will need to press CTRL+V and ENTER.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
I don't know if/how this works with virtual folders, I think you'll have to try. But in the properties of an account (well, POP3 accounts anyway.. I don't know about IMAP), under Mail Handling, you'll find settings for deletion, and one of the options there is to move deleted and purged messages to a specified folder.
This worked great, thank you!

George Salnik wrote:
>>  it can be a pain to drill down to the right folder in the right account.
You can do sorting filter with rule about send emails to archive folder. Fo any sorting filter you can add shortcut.
Good idea! I'll look into this.

Thanks everyone!
Pages: 1