Pages: 1
RSS
Deleting mail from server, Deleting mail from server and other new user questions

Just evaluating The Bat! as a replacement for Eudora - so far it looks great and it imported Eudora mail mostly without problems. I have a couple of questions to sort out before I purchase:

1. I leave email on the POP server until I have manually deleted them (some I want to keep on server for access by other devices). With Eudora, you may sel ect an email, right click, and tell it to delete fr om server. How is that done with The Bat! ??  
2. Is there a way to import address book fr om Eudora?
3. Is there a way to import Eudora filters?
4. Is there a cheat-sheet showing the Bat hot keys / keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks for any tips!!

Jordan
Edited: Jordan Torgerson - 05 July 2022 01:35:21

1. First, you should set The Bat! to display Connection Center (set it to "Automatically") on menu Options > Preferences in General section. Then, pick your account and push F2 key - you will see the list of your messages on the server with option to delete, download or display. Ticking appropriate options you can handle your messages. Connection with server yoy can establish from Account menu (Get New Mail ora Dispatch Mail On Server). Keyboard shortcuts are displayed in the menu as well.

2. In Address Book there is option to import, and Eudora address book is allowed to import.

3. Filters are probably program-specific, so you have to set them in The Bat! manually.

4. There is an old document describing keyboard shortcuts, in German. See http://thebat.bplaced.net/tools/tastaturkuerzel.pdf?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl...

Before I moved away from Eudora, I converted all my filters to server-side (on fastmail.com) and converted to IMAP. While this took a lot of time, it left me completely independent of the email client. Now in fact when away from my computer, I read email using Aquamail on my phone, and can use webmail in a pinch -- all using exactly the same folder structure and filters.

Edward

Thank you Zygmunt and Edward!  Most helpful tips - I appreciate it!

Now to look for plug-ins for spam and antivirus.

regards,
Jordan

I recommend AntispamSniper plugin for handling spam. I use it since 2007 and it removes spam very efficiently with error level about 1%. Now the antivirus plugins are not used by The Bat!. It uses the antivirus program installed in the system, and no plugins are required here.
Pages: 1