Pages: 1
RSS
registration code, won't update

I upgrade last night to version 10.1 and paid for the upgrade.  I got an email with the registration code, copied it and pasted it in.  It seemed to work but if I go to "about" it is still showing version 9.4 and if I try to put the registration code in again it says it is invalid.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ann

Did you install v10?
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Yes, I installed version 10.1.  Then I put in the registration code but it doesn't look like it actually updated.  The version when it opens up and when I go to "about" still says 9.4 Halloween version.

To me it sounds like v10 was installed separately, not as an update of your v9. If you now have two versions on your system, you may still be able to launch your old version, and that would explain what you're seeing.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I thought I downloaded the upgrade.  How would I be able to tell?  And, what do I do now?  And, what is weird is that the icon changed to the new one.

Ann
Edited: Ann C - 16 July 2022 20:19:11

OK, this is weird.  I tried to do a repair and I got an error message saying it could not create a shortcut.  When I click on the desktop icon, it opens the old version.  But, if I go to the Start menu and click on The Bat from there, it opens the new version.  How can I get a shortcut to the new version?

Ann

OK, I don't know if I did the right thing, but I went to my program files and found The Bat and made a shortcut out of the file that said "TBLauncher".  Is that correct?  Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks,
Ann

Ann,
I have been having a similar problem since first installing 10. It did eventually recognise the key but every time the Bat 10 is closed and re-opened it resets to trail version and any upgrades installed reset it to trial version so I have stopped using the Bat for the time being (luckily I have Outlook which I have kept up to date with all messages that need attention).

Regards

Charles

Charles, that's a different problem. It sounds like your license details cannot be saved to the registry, which is usually an access rights problem. Have you tried to run The Bat 'as Administrator' (right-click on its desktop shortcut to do this) and then enter the license details and close the program? I'd give that a try, it might do the trick.

Ann: you can right-click on an empty part of your desktop and from the context menu that appears, select 'New', 'Shortcut', and browse to the executable that you want to have a shortcut for. I do not have v10 myself but with earlier versions it was called thebat64.exe or thebat32.exe, depending on your Windows type, and I assume that has not changed with v10. I'm not sure about tblauncher.exe.  You would also have to verify that your v10 program uses the correct mail directory, or it won't see all your existing accounts and messages (if that is what happens, you can find the mail folder by launching your previous, working version of The Bat and looking at Options | Preferences | System: Mail Directory).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thank you, Daniel.  There are two executable files in the folder but the one that says TBLauncher.exe has the new icon next to it.  There is one that says thebat64.exe and that has the old icon next to it.  I decided to try the one with the new icon and it seems to be working fine.  It opens version 10.1.  I don't know if I should try to find the older version.  Since things are working right now I'm a bit hesitant but I also don't want the older version to mess anything up.  I have all of my folders and messages when I open the new version so would you suggest I try to locate the older version and get rid of it?

Ann
Edited: Ann C - 17 July 2022 05:05:24

Daniel,

Thank you , will try your suggestion.

Charles

Ann: If it works, don't fix it :)

Thank you!  

Ann
Pages: 1