Pages: 1
RSS
Disappearing Emails, Emails are disappearing while I am reading them

This morning I have a strange phenomenon which I have never seen before.  I was reading an email fr om a customer and next thing, it disappeared.. right in front of my eyes.  I checked if it went to trash (no), if it was filed wh ere I had filed the previous email (no) and if it was in my Spam/Junk folders (no).  So I opened another folder, and then reopened the inbox again.  There was my email, now looking at me stating it was "unread".  So I went to read it again, and sure enough, 20-30 seconds later it disappeared again.   So I tried the other folder, then inbox and sure enough it was back again...unread.  Perhaps it was the email, so I tried another one.  And bang, same situation.

I didn't see it earlier this morning and I have just updated Adobe (requiring a restart).  TB is rev 9.5 and I have Windows 10.  

If this was an IMAP account, maybe something that the mailserver did and/or a synching problem? If it was a POP3 account, I'd run the Maintenance Center to check for errors. You could also check the account log to see if something there explains it?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

A few more ideas:

- Maybe it is a folder/file permission issue (for example if Windows 10 changed some policies in a recent update), making TB! unable to do what it wants with it's message base. Try running TB! as Administrator to see if it changes anything.

- Maybe there is something funny going on in the Scheduler or among Message Filters.
Edited: Miloš Radovanović - 26 July 2022 12:31:35 (Typo)
Pages: 1