Pages: 1
RSS
what TB version works on win7 64-bit?

My V2 version of TB Pro worked like a charm on my main (ultra-secure) XP Pro SP3 machine until recently, when a mobo component went bad. I rebuilt my machine with Win 7 Pro 64-bit with a quad-core AMD CPU and downloaded the latest TB Pro version but it simply does not work.

When I click on the shortcut, a super-brief message appears on my screen, but it disappears so fast that I cannot even read it.

I also see THREE (!!) instances of TB in Task Manager... Why?

I got the same result when I tried to open the program after having copied my accounts folders into the TB appdata folder (this worked fine with older versions, is there a new procedure to restore all data and emails?)

I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Chris V. wrote:
When I click on the shortcut, a super-brief message appears on my screen, but it disappears so fast that I cannot even read it.

If it could explain why it isn't working, maybe you could use screen recording software to record the message, then play it back in slow motion?

Windows 7 has been supported since TB v4 or thereabouts.

I got the same result when I tried to open the program after having copied my accounts folders into the TB appdata folder (this worked fine with older versions, is there a new procedure to restore all data and emails?)

I'd try to get the software to work first. Then go to Options | Preferences | System and take a note of the Mail Directory (or change it if you prefer a different location. Be sure not to use a location that is kept read-only by Windows' 'User Access Control', which did not exist in XP).

However, I don't think you can just copy your old mail folder to the new one on your new machine, because it's still in a format (TB v2) that hasn't been in use for 15 years or so, and I'm not sure if a current TB will convert it automatically. You could give it a try of course, as long as you have a backup. Have you tried searching this forum? For me, googling "yada yada site:ritlabs.com" is usually more productive than using the forum's own search function. If all else fails, you'd best contact Ritlabs' tech support by opening a ticket from the Support menu above.

p.s. selected old versions of The Bat can be found at https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/archive-versions.php
For the revision history, see https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/revision-history/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1