Pages: 1
RSS
Sort by unread messages

I would like to sort messages in a folder by 'unread'.

Can someone please tell me how I can set this up?

I don't see this on a menu, and when I look into filters it doesn't seem to be able
to offer this.

To sort on 'unread' status, you'll first have to activate the 'Unread' column in the message list (right-click on a column header and pick 'message list columns' to configure them). Once you see that column in the message list, you can simply click on it to sort on it.

But having said that.. if Workspace | Message List Tabs is on, you can just click on the 'Unread' tab underneath the list and only unread messages will still show in the message list. And to go back to 'All' messages, that tab is just one click away too. Isn't that more practical?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I do prefer to have one virtual folder with enabled checkbox "unread" and selected all folders that need to track for unread messages.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
But having said that.. if Workspace | Message List Tabs is on, you can just click on the 'Unread' tab underneath the list and only unread messages will still show in the message list. And to go back to 'All' messages, that tab is just one click away too. Isn't that more practical?
Yes, I do exactly that, much more practical. Tabs showing messages using other criteria can also be (custom) made.

George Salnik wrote:
I do prefer to have one virtual folder with enabled checkbox "unread" and selected all folders that need to track for unread messages.
Seems very useful, I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.

To sort on 'unread' status, you'll first have to activate the 'Unread' column in the message list (right-click on a column header and pick 'message list columns' to configure them). Once you see that column in the message list, you can simply click on it to sort on it.

Thanks Daniel for your help!
I tried the first method and it worked.

Then when I went to try the second method I noticed that the Tabs at the bottom
were only:
All / Flagged / Information

So I did a little digging and managed to set up a New tab that I called 'Unread' (there wasn't a default for this). Next was to create a filter for it (unread messages). And finally it showed up in the Tabs at the bottom.

Another method to see only unread messages: menu -> view -> display -> show only unread messages

I do have a button (or you can add shortcut) with that command and use it with one box in a time usually. For all boxes, as I say early - better to use it virtual folder.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

... But having said that.. if Workspace | Message List Tabs is on, you can just click on the 'Unread' tab underneath the list and only unread messages will still show in the message list. And to go back to 'All' messages, that tab is just one click away too. Isn't that more practical?
I'm back again with the same problem.

I got this to work three months ago, but it's not working now.
I set up a new tab called 'unread' that filters unread messages.

But the tab is not showing up below the messages now.

I see:

All/Flagged/Information

Good news!
I figured it out.  :)
Edited: Mad Batter - 15 November 2022 00:02:48
Pages: 1