Pages: 1
RSS
How to locate ONE email in the backup?, Win 10, Accidentally deleted

It's not in the trash, I don't even know how that can be.

Found over 25000 files in my recycle bin from PCloud, have no idea what's up with that, but couldn't find the message.

Appreciate any pointers.

1) does hitting the DELETE KEY permanently delete messages?

I usually click on the trash icon.

2)  While I have no backup since my test backup in June, I do have an archived version of TB with these files:

[screenshot gave me a million characters.]   There's a messages.tbb file.

How do I find the message?

Thanks!
Edited: Christine Baker - 29 August 2022 06:51:36 (pasting screenshot didn't work.)

Christine Baker wrote:
1) does hitting the DELETE KEY permanently delete messages?

I usually click on the trash icon.

2)  While I have no backup since my test backup in June, I do have an archived version of TB with these files:

[screenshot gave me a million characters.]   There's a messages.tbb file.

How do I find the message?

Thanks!
1) No, it moves to the trash folder just like the button.

2) Try the following:
- Make a new e-mail folder in TB!, say "Backup"
- Close TB!
- Copy the messages.tbb file (and messages.tbn that should go along with it) manually to that Backup folder
- Start TB!
- Within TB! use Search to find the message

If for any reason Milos' suggestion doesn't help, maybe this will (I've never used it myself, so it's not a recommendation, but it's free and it should help you read the messages in your TBB files) :

https://www.bitrecover.com/free/the-bat-viewer/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

THANKS to both of you!

I've been so stressed, my brain is not working.  Was thinking of replacing the current folder with the backup while offline just temporarily ...  Creating a new folder is the way to go :)
Pages: 1