Pages: 1
RSS
Export emails with missing attachments

Hi,

I downloaded all emails from the email account via IMAP but attachments were not downloaded (only indicated that they "exist").
The account was deleted and I'm left with the 500+ emails with attachments that can not be opened.

How to export the emails?

When I export the folder only emails without attachments are exported. I tried to manually delete attachments, but it does not work.

I want to import all the emails to the new email account.

Hi Adam, I don't use IMAP myself, and that will probably show in this response :]

First, isn't there a risk that The Bat will delete your messages if it syncs to the server and finds the account deleted? Just wondering. On the other hand, I also wonder if The Bat would let you export the messages if you first go off-line (e.g. using the Windows command IPCONFIG /RELEASE from the command line, or simply by turning the modem off), so The Bat cannot even contact the server for the missing attachments.

Also, have you tried copying the messages to a different folder (maybe in a pop3 account, or to a Common Folder) and then export them from there?

Hopefully someone more familiar with IMAP will respond too -- if not, don't hesitate to contact Ritlabs' support staff using the Support menu above.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hi Daniel,

thank you for your response. The account in The Bat is disconnected from the server and the account on the server no longer exists.
I understand that the attachments are gone. Sad but true ;) Now I just want to import the emails themselves to the other account, but
I can't export them from The Bat.

Understood. But my thinking was that the export might work in offline mode, or maybe you could copy the messages to a different (non-IMAP) folder in The Bat and export them from there. I'd agree that both suggestions are long shots though, and I'd recommend that you contact Ritlabs' helpdesk by creating a ticket in the Support menu above (here in this forum you'll only find fellow users, with limited expertise).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

When disconnected to the server copying mails or creating new folder hangs TB!

Thank you Daniel for your suggestions.

Obviously that shouldn't be happening either..! Please report this to tech support if you can.

If you're in a hurry to resolve this, maybe trying with an older version of The Bat would make sense (selected previous versions can be downloaded at https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/archive-versions.php). You could install it to a new folder of its own and run it once, then exit and restart it, and go to 'Options | Preferences | System' to change its Mail Directory to the one you're currently using. If the glitches that you're running into were recently introduced, hopefully they won't occur with an older version.

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the suggestions. So far I had no luck with the older versions of TB! I will try a couple more. I also submitted
the ticket, but so far it was not answered. What is the average time of the response to the tickets?

Cheers

>> What is the average time of the response to the tickets?
One-three days.  
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html
Pages: 1