Pages: 1
RSS
Unpredictable scrolling, Scrollbar jumps around unpredictably

Ever since installing v10.2 and later, v10.2.1, I've been having an issue where the scrollbar jumps around by itself when I've viewing a message. So I might scroll down to the middle of the message, and then it will skip back to the top. Then it jumps to the middle again, or somewhere else.

At first I thought it might be due to images loading, but it happens even after the entire message is loaded and all images are displayed.

This only happens with some emails, and never happened on v9. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas on how to figure out the problem or solve it?

Thanks

Warner Y wrote:
Ever since installing v10.2 and later, v10.2.1, I've been having an issue where the scrollbar jumps around by itself when I've viewing a message. So I might scroll down to the middle of the message, and then it will skip back to the top. Then it jumps to the middle again, or somewhere else.

At first I thought it might be due to images loading, but it happens even after the entire message is loaded and all images are displayed.

This only happens with some emails, and never happened on v9. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas on how to figure out the problem or solve it?

Thanks
I have the same issue and it started with 10.1.

I just looked at a deleted message.  All image placeholders display as broken, and the scroll/jump does NOT occur.

Any idea as to the cause and fix?

When you report this issue to Ritlabs, using the Support menu above, be sure to include an exported version of one or more messages that trigger this problem.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I've reported it and attached an offending message. Issue 97583

This is a pretty old thread, but I finally switched from 9.x to 10.5 recently. Everything is faster and better except... this scrolling/jumping problem. I'd reported this before, but support was only able to duplicate the issue once. They best they can offer is that maybe there is some kind of timer in the message or its contents and that's what causes this. There's also no way to log the issues since they're using CEF.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this. I've use the Run CEF in a single process, which doesn't make any difference. I've also tried the /ForceNoCEF command line switch, and that makes no difference. Can anyone suggest anything else?

I was have such a bug year ago, now - not. Attack support again about. We can't help you here, this is user forum, RitLabs employees not going here by months.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Hi George,
I know. I just felt the need to vent my frustration. I love The Bat in almost every other way, but this one bug just doesn't make sense. I'll contact support again.

Same problem here on a regular basis.  Since it has already been reported, maybe it will eventually be fixed.

It'd probably be helpful if people who see this problem continue to save the offending messages (Message > Save As) and submit them to Support once you have collected a few.

What you could also do is save the message.html attachments and open those in Chrome (and/or other browsers) to see if that shows the same strange behavior - or maybe the browser's built-in developer tools will show you certain error messages that might lead us closer to an explanation.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1