Pages: 1
RSS
constant access violations while editing

With some messages, I am getting a stream of access violations while editing. The first time, I was able to close the message and reopen it, and finish. Just now, I had to restart TB to continue editing. If this happens a couple more times, I'll be reverting to the previous version. (Which was annoying because double-clicking selected a word but not visibly.)

I have created a ticket and set the priority to High.

TB 10.3 (64-bit), Windows 10 not quite up to date

Edward

You say "with some messages". Do you mean messages that you are replying to, and that appear quoted in the editor? If so, it would help if you export one such message (that produces errors) and attach it to your ticket. Secondly, have you specified which of the available editors you are using?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Secondly, have you specified which of the available editors you are using?

Yeah, changing the editor in Preferences could be a workaround for the issue. There are three options: Plain Text, RichText (old HTML editor) and PureHTML (new one). If I had to bet on the one which causes problems, it would be the last one.

Thanks. It was PureHTML, and was a reply. Unfortunately I've now sent the messages where it happened and thus they are no longer in the failing state, but I'll try to do the export next time. And then switch to Rich Text.

Edward

I have the same problem , from version 10.3.2.  
When answering emails 99%  there is Access violation error.  
the default for me is: PureHtml

[encoded image removed, not supported by forum software - Daniel]

Changing the editor in Preferences could be a workaround for the issue.
guides

When will this  access violations   bug be fixed?
The type of editor is temproraly solution,  both of editor type has disadvantages.
RichText (old HTML editor): the format of the letter is collapsing it is fragmented , the letter history is illegible
PureHTML (new one):   sometimes pictures disappears when click on UNDO,   and this "access violations" error is nightmare

I've submitted a followup to my original support ticket, including a copy of the message I was editing. Unfortunately I can't provide them a lot of information, since the error seems to occur randomly, including when I'm just sitting and thinking, so it seems like the problem is in a background process.

Edward

Ritlabs support has responded that this occurs after the user double-clicks a word and then deletes it. It is on the schedule to be fixed.

Edward

Good, it sounds like they were able to reproduce it. Hopefully this was the only cause of the access violation errors!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Edward Reid wrote:
Ritlabs support has responded that this occurs after the user double-clicks a word and then deletes it. It is on the schedule to be fixed.

Edward
I find that double clicking a word can COPY the word accidentally too.  There are problems using CTRL and arrow key to jump to the beginning of next word too.  They need to work on the editor.
Edited: David Bott - 20 November 2022 05:07:13

Edward Reid wrote:
With some messages, I am getting a stream of access violations while editing.
Errors appear when you move mouse cursor over email text (if you discovered the same bug as I). If you don't use mouse, you can edit email.

Additionally, you can cure it temporarily (to next DblClk + Del). When the message appears, do simple things couple times:
- click to email text anywhere
- press Esc button to close the message
- click...
- press...
- click...
- press...
- click...
- press...

After 4 times irritating message is gone. It works to me.

The same problem here!

https://i.postimg.cc/Hky08h0C/thebat-access.png
Pages: 1