Pages: 1
RSS
How to "archive" email via The Bat with Gmail Server, How do I set a message as archieved

Hi,

Newbie here.
I am used to email clients that have a command "archive".
I cannot find it in The Bat. (yet)

Is this because in reality and from an IMAP connection achieved is just
a regular folder I need to move the email to?

kind regards
William  

You have many options to archive messages in The Bat!. Here are the ones:

1. Saving message to file with selected format (msg, mbox, txt, html...) - menu Message / Save as...

2. Exporting message to file (using different format) - meny Tools / Export message to...

3. Moving  message to the auxiliary archive account using filter triggered by key combination. I prefere this method and have archived almost 200,000 messages till 2001. All messages are placed to folders which names are such as the year of messages creation. Additionally, I preserve the source mail folders structure (macro %FolderFullName) using appropriate naming of target folder to move messages: \\<Archive_account_name\<Year>\%FolderFullName

Using archive account I easily can viev and quick search of any message. Additional benefit of this method may be periodically running move filter using Scheduler, coloring the archive folders, etc. I use only POP3 servers and think all above methds will worm in IMAP as well.
Edited: Zygmunt Wereszczyński - 21 November 2022 00:10:22

Zygmunt Wereszczyński wrote:
3. Moving  message to the auxiliary archive account using filter triggered by key combination. [..]

Alternatively, you can archive messages to a local folder by creating a Local Common Folder (Folder | New | New Common Folder). You can create sub-folders within it by right-clicking on the new common folder (in the tree) and choosing  New | Folder. For instance: Inbox and Sent Mail.

Then go back to the account that you want to create an archive for. Go to its Sorting Office and create filters that automatically copy each Outgoing and each Incoming message to the appropriate sub-folder in your common folder.

This should take care of archiving all future messages. For your existing messages, you can copy those manually.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1