Pages: 1
RSS
Using Gmail recent mode

I alternate between 2 PC's and to keep them synchronized I use Gmail Recent mode,
Problem is that each time I send a mail from one of the computers I get at copy of the email in return. Which I then have to delete to avoid duplicates.

Anyone who knows how to solve this?

I suspect that this is what IMAP was created for.

Alternatively, maybe you could use Voyager instead of the regular The Bat. Then you would be using a single mail database for both computers (carrying it with you on an USB-stick, e.g.).

Or you could regularly use the Maintenance Center in The Bat to delete duplicates.

Those are the three non-ideal solutions that come to my mind. I can't seem to think of a more elegant or convenient solution.. hopefully someone else will still think of something.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Oh wait.. maybe you can simply build a filter that deletes incoming messages that were sent from your own address! :-)

Wouldn't that work..?

Maybe as an additional filter criterion, you should specify that the "To" address does not include your own address (just in case that you would like to send yourself a 'real' message).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1