Pages: 1
RSS
New errors...

I am starting to get some fresh errors that I haven't gotten in a very long time:

Acct. 1
Server reports error: The response is:Email rejected
Acct 2.
Connection to host broken(last comments "EHLO ..............
"Mail FROM <xxxxxxx@rogers.com>  SIZE=451"

Does anyone know what could be happening here?
I have many more accounts. I tested a couple and they are working.
Edited: Mad Batter - 08 December 2022 00:43:34

Are you sure these are not temporary glitches? Or maybe your provider has made some changes (Did they announce any? Do you connect using the method that they are currently recommending?). You could turn protocol logging on and verbose logs in hopes that you'll get more clues as to the cause of the errors (you can google any error messages that you find in the logs).  

If the above doesn't help, you may want to tell us..:

-The Bat version?
-Windows version?
-POP3+SMTP or IMAP account?
-Server address, port number, connection type, authentication method.
-Relevant parts from the account log and protocol log including all error messages
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Are you sure these are not temporary glitches? Or maybe your provider has made some changes (Did they announce any? Do you connect using the method that they are currently recommending?). You could turn protocol logging on and verbose logs in hopes that you'll get more clues as to the cause of the errors (you can google any error messages that you find in the logs).  ...

Thanks for helping Daniel.

I tried calling my ISP for support, but 45 minutes later on the phone with two tech agents neither could help me solve the problem.

Shortly after I figured it out on my own.

I changed passwords and went into SMTP Authentication settings.
I checked the box for Perform SMTP Authentication and checked

'Same user password for mail retrieval'.

The accounts that weren't working did not have the settings above checked.

Glad to hear that you found it.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1