Pages: 1
RSS
Add office365 email account to The Bat!, What is the right IMAP settings?

Hi,
I searched on the forum, and found this thread:
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic15694/message53601/#message53601
But no clear answer for settings.
What are the right settings for the mail server to add my office365 email account?
Thanks
Thanks,
MG!

Have you looked what Microsoft says? As the provider, they should know which settings are required. Alternatively, maybe you can find settings for other 3d party mail clients like Thunderbird and try those.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen,
Thanks a lot for your valuable time in replying to my message.
I did, and I copied the server settings as Microsoft mentioned and tried Thunderbird to confirm, besides the Outlook client, but I am afraid that it is not working.
I tried changing port number but neither 465 nor 587 and setting, but no luck so far.

Side note away from the topic: I do not know why, but I feel that I am a geek when I am using the bat!  :D  
Thanks,
MG!

Are these the settings that you tried?

Incoming:
   IMAP
   Server hostname: outlook.office365.com
   Port: 993
   SSL: SSL/TLS
   Authentication: Oauth2

Outgoing:
   Server hostname: smtp.office365.com
   Port: 587
   SSL: STARTTLS
   Authentication: Oauth2

Maybe as users of The Bat we should think of ourselves as 'power users' rather than as geeks :-)

If you haven't got it working yet, I think it's best if you contact Ritlabs' support desk.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1