Pages: 1
RSS
How to change account password?

I changed my email provider's password. How can I enter the new password in the bat?

Thank you

Right-click on that account, choose Properties from the context menu that appears, and look in the Transport section.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Fai clic con il tasto destro su quell'account, scegli Proprietà dal menu contestuale che appare e cerca nella sezione Trasporto.  
Thanks so much for volunteering to help out. I did as you say. First of all, I'll tell you what happens to me: as soon as I right-click on the account, a password request opens; I have to do: cancel. Then I go to: Account > properties > transport options. Here I change the password and give the OK. I have two accounts; gmail and tiscali email. I try to send from gmail account an email to gmail and everything is fine. From tiscali to gmail, and all goes well. But sending from gmail to tiscali it tells me: Edit mail message -> myusername.gmail.com the server reports an error: the response is: (and no response appears). I would send you a screenshot, but it seems to me this is not possible in this forum.

(correct, this forum does not support images)

The settings for outgoing mail ('Send mail') are set up on the same Transport page. Are you sure that you have the correct settings there?

I think you can find the recommended settings here:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en#zippy=%2Cstep-change-smtp-other-settings-in-your-email-client

(click on "Step 2: Change SMTP & other settings in your email client")

If you cannot get it to work, maybe you can use your internet provider's SMTP server instead? (the same one you use for your Tiscali account, I guess)

If none of this helps, please tell us which version of The Bat you are using and what your settings for Gmail's outgoing mail are. Hopefully someone else can still help you.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

(corretto, questo forum non supporta le immagini)  

Le impostazioni per la posta in uscita ("Invia posta") sono configurate nella stessa pagina Trasporto.  Sei sicuro di avere le impostazioni corrette lì?  

Penso che tu possa trovare le impostazioni consigliate qui:  

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en#zippy=%2Cstep-change-smtp-other-settings-in-you...    

(fai clic su "Passaggio 2: modifica SMTP e altre impostazioni nel tuo client di posta elettronica")  

Se non riesci a farlo funzionare, forse puoi utilizzare il server SMTP del tuo provider Internet?  (lo stesso che usi per il tuo account Tiscali, immagino)  

Se nulla di tutto questo è d'aiuto, comunicaci quale versione di The Bat stai utilizzando e quali sono le tue impostazioni per la posta in uscita di Gmail.  Speriamo che qualcun altro possa ancora aiutarti.  
I am using a portable version the bat 9.3.2 x64 pro. I corrected the gmail account port (from the link you gave me) and now it works. But if I exit the program and restart it, every time it asks me for the passwords for the two accounts.

It sounds like The Bat cannot write to its settings files.

Have you tried to launch The Bat as Administrator?
Do you have antivirus software that may be blocking The Bat?

Sembra che The Bat non possa scrivere sui suoi file di impostazioni.  

Hai provato ad avviare The Bat come amministratore?  
Hai un software antivirus che potrebbe bloccare The Bat?  
I solved. Thanks for your help. In practice, before with the many attempts I had made, I had entered an access password (set access password - Ctrl F12-in account). I deleted it and now everything works. I probably think that Login Password is like a master password to give access to all accounts in order to keep the accounts hidden from anyone who wants to enter them. Can you confirm it for me? Anyway thanks for your help which together with my attempts (some right, some wrong) have solved my problem. They are happy as the bat is the best email client for me.

That's good to hear!

Yes, an access password is used to protect access to that particular account.

When you first install The Bat (or Voyager, the portable version) you can set up a master password that encrypts/decrypts the whole message base, for even greater privacy/security.

That's good to hear!

Yes, an access password is used to protect access to that particular account.

When you first install The Bat (or Voyager, the portable version) you can set up a master password that encrypts/decrypts the whole message base, for even greater privacy/security.
Thanks again for everything
Pages: 1