Pages: 1
RSS
Remove duplicated messages

Have around 1000 emails in Inbox and some replies are sent by same persons (same email address)
So is there a way to delete all duplicate messages sent by same person with same email address?
I would like to keep just one any email from that person and delete rest.
Thanks in advance :)

You can use 'Folder | Maintenance Center' to remove duplicates in general.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Did not help. I'm not sure what thebat is looking to consider the email is duplicate.
Actually, for me the duplicate is the message with same senders email address. And still I would like to keep any copy of one email from that sender.
Hopefully I explained well this time!
Beside, thanks for trying to help, appreciate!

You can change default way of searching duplicates using appropriate option in command line when running The Bat!. You have four options that may be used for this purpose:

• -- /DEDUPIGNOREDATE option excludes the message creation date and time from the duplicate search - only the To, From, and Message-ID fields are compared.
  • -- /DEDUPIGNORETOMSGID and /DEDUPIGNOREMSGID options - change the default criteria for detecting duplicate messages in folders, so that the To header fields and Message-ID (for /DEDUPIGNORETOMSGID) or Message-ID (for /DEDUPIGNOREMSGID) are ignored during the comparison.
  • -- /DEDUPIGNORETO option excludes the To header field from comparison.
Edited: Zygmunt Wereszczyński - 21 January 2023 22:41:11

Jim Mart wrote:
I'm not sure what thebat is looking to consider the email is duplicate.

I guess everything about it has to be identical to an existing message.

Actually, for me the duplicate is the message with same senders email address. And still I would like to keep any copy of one email from that sender.

The only possible solution that i can think of:

1) In "Options | Preferences | Address History", configure The Bat to collect senders' addresses from incoming mail.

2) In the Sorting Office, create an Incoming Mail filter that uses the condition "Address Book | Contains | Sender", and that deletes or moves the incoming message when triggered.

This would delete all future messages from known senders (for that reason I would consider this a very dangerous filter!).
For existing 'duplicate' messages, you'll probably have to sort the message list by sender and then find and delete them manually.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks. Will try both ways..
Pages: 1