Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat! 10.3.3 cannot be selected as email default apps

The Bat! 10.3.3.3 (32bit) cannot be selected as email default apps in Windows 10.
In the list for selection (Windows key + I > Email > Select default) The Bat! is not listed.  

Have you also tried 'Options | Preferences | Applications' in The Bat itself?  I think it should accomplish the same thing.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Sorry for my late answer. I was not informed about your post.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Have you also tried 'Options | Preferences | Applications' in The Bat itself?  I think it should accomplish the same thing.
Yes, no success.
This brings up the same windows dialog as mentioned in my post.  

Could you launch The Bat with Admin rights and then try that same setting again?

Alternatively, do you run into the same problem when you try in Windows: Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Mail > Mailto ?

If you don't find a solution, do not hesitate to contact Ritlabs' support staff using the Support menu on top.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hm, although I'm subscribed to New Posts in This Forum I didn't get a email (SPAM checked).

Launching The Bat! with Admin rights => no success
Same for Windows: Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Mail > Mailto  

Markus Kamp wrote:
Hm, although I'm subscribed to New Posts in This Forum I didn't get a email (SPAM checked).
This function does not work completely :cry:

Returning to your problem: what is your default application for e-mail and mailto? What applications you see on the list to select?

If you cannot change Windows' default email app even with admin rights, I don't think the problem is related to The Bat. Could it be that Outlook is running in the background and it is broken?

Found the reason caused by the installation:
Filename is "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Bat!\thebat.exe"
In the registry it is linked to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Bat!\thebat32.exe"

Changing the filename to thebat32.exe solves the problem.  

Wow, that's weird! Did you ever have the 32-bit version on your system? You'd think that if the 64-bit installer made this mistake, many more people would be complaining. Anyway, great work finding the cause and solving it! Also, thanks for getting back with the solution, which may help other users in the future.

Since "nau_thebat_32_10-1-0.msi" the problem occured.
With 64-bit all went well.  

The fix worked for me. Thanks.
Pages: 1