Pages: 1
RSS
Where to I log suggested improvements?, Where in the forum do I log suggested improvements?

Where in the forum do I log suggested improvements? There are only 3 sections in the English forum and non seem appropriate.

My suggestions are:
1. In the maintenance centre being able to easily see the reported errors
2. Cannot delete bad or obsolete email addresses from the history
3. How to check the TLS version being used on a connection (log says simply TLS)
4. View html only emails easily without having to go to preferences/options etc and then repeat to switch html off

Thanks
Alan

This is a user-to-user forum. Please use the Support menu above to pass your suggestions on to the developers.

Having said that..:

1) I can scroll through the Maintenance Center's error messages. Doesn't that work for you?

2) I don't know about deleting single addresses, but if you'd like to clear the whole history, see this earlier discussion:
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic13046/

3) I don't know if this will help, but you can create more and more detailed connection log files from these dialogs in the Account Properties (right-click on the name of an account in the accounts panel to get to its Properties) :

Transport > Protocol Logging > (Enable both)
Options > Verbose Log

4) Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor: Have you set 'View HTML messages' and 'messages with alternative layout (Text and HTML)' to either
'HTML and Plain Text version' or to 'Plain Text version and HTML'? These settings should show you two tabs underneath HTML messages that allow you to switch quickly between text and html display (disclaimer: I'm still using an older version, v8, but I suppose this will also work for v10).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks for replying.
1) I can scroll through the Maintenance Center's error messages. Doesn't that work for you?

No! I have 1,700 folders - that's 1,700 lines to scan.

2) I don't know about deleting single addresses, but if you'd like to clear the whole history, see this earlier discussion:

No I don't want to loose all my history and have to search for a recipient's email address in an old email. People often change email address and sometimes they are typed incorrectly, so there should be an easy way to correct. I will log a suggestion.

3) set verbose logging

I tried that but still says " 29/03/2023, 14:55:43: FETCH - TLS handshake complete" - i.e. no version.
I'm looking at the pop-up log at the bottom of TB window. Is there a log file? I cannot see one.

4) Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor: set to 'HTML and Plain Text version'  or vv

That works! I had presumed / tried that HTML and Plain Text would default to HTML but missed realising that Plain Text and HTML would default to Plain Text.

Thanks for the hints. Appreciated.
Alan

Alan Cooper wrote:
People often change email address and sometimes they are typed incorrectly, so there should be an easy way to correct.

Agreed. Please let us know what the developers say. A simple Right-click | Delete would do it for me :)

I'm looking at the pop-up log at the bottom of TB window. Is there a log file? I cannot see one.

I think the 'Verbose' option refers to that pop-up log file. But the 'Account Properties | Transport | Protocol Logging' settings allow you to specify a name and location. I don't know if the TLS details will show there though.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I made some support tickets.

2. Deleting bad/old email addresses.

For years I've been trying to delete by  starting to type the address and then pressing the down arrow to move to  the bad email address (usually only 1 displayed) and then pressing delete.

But now I see I have to click on the down arrows icon on the right side of the "To" field and then press the down arrow to move to the bad email address and then pressing delete.  

Not so quick -  clicking the icon displays the whole history and one has to search for the bad/old address, but at least it works.

3. Log to show TLS version

They have passed my suggestion to the developers - no promises to implement though.
Pages: 1