Pages: 1
RSS
Notification icon location

Windows 10 currently does not allow the notification icons from programs to show anywhere on the screen except the bottom right corner.

When I get new The Bat e-mails there is a The Bat icon in the bottom right of my screen that flashes.

I just read that it is possible for developers of apps to allow their app icon to be located in the bottom left, top right and top left of the screen.

Would it be possible for The Bat to give the user the choice in their setup file to have the notification icon appear in the bottom left corner?

Good question, but this is a user forum not frequented by the developers. You can submit the feature request directly to the developers using the support link above.

Did you try MailTicker?

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/tips-and-tricks/7593/
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

George Salnik wrote:
Did you try MailTicker?

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/tips-and-tricks/7593/
OK well I am back to my mail notification problems.
I don't know why.

TB wasn't showing the flashing icon in my preferred location, but at least it was showing it whenever a new e-mail arrived.
Now it has stopped working again. If I click on the notifications arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen, TB's icon
is tucked inside a box, and yes, there the icon is shown and is flashing.  :(

So first I would like to get the icon to work as it did before if anyone knows the secret?

Just for kicks, I tried to get the mail-ticker to work to see what it would look like. It's not working properly!
I had it set to show 'automatically' when new mail arrived. It didn't work. So I changed the setting to 'always' visible.
Now I can see the TB's notification box (bottom right corner of screen) saying "0 new messages" even when new messages have arrived !!!  :(

Talk about weird TB behavior!
I right-click on the '0 new messages' ticker box in the bottom right of my screen, and select 'Folders'.
I select the mail folders I wish to receive notifications for.
Then I click OK.

Then I open up the same settings and the folder selections have all DISAPPEARED!   :(

So I turned on Sound notification just for fun.
It's working when new mail arrives, but the Ticker still isn't working, nor the original icon flashing mentioned above.
It does show the flashing icon when I click on the 'up arrow', as mentioned above.
Edited: Mad Batter - 29 October 2023 05:26:25

There's definitely at least one bug in the program.  :)
When I changed the ticker from Display 'Always' back to 'Automatically',
it started to work!

But it's the animated icon in the bottom tray that I would like to get working, as it always had been.

The ticker seems to be working properly now. How do you acknowledge a new post(s) so the ticker stops/becomes quiet, without activating The Bat and clicking on the e-mail?
Edited: Mad Batter - 01 November 2023 23:11:30
Pages: 1