Pages: 1
RSS
A couple of questions about The Bat!

Hello all;

I have a few questions regarding how to set up The Bat!.

1) Is there any way to have TB BCC addresses automatically?

2) How does one set up TB to use an existing GPG key? I have GnuPG set up on this box, as well as GPGTools, however I have not been able to successfully configure TB to use my key to decrypt or encrypt messages.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!  

1) Is there any way to have TB BCC addresses automatically?
Yes, use the %BCC="address" macro in your template.

How does one set up TB to use an existing GPG key? I have GnuPG set up on this box, as well as GPGTools, however I have not been able to successfully configure TB to use my key to decrypt or encrypt messages.

Tools -> OpenPGP -> Choose Open PGP version -> GNU Privacy Guard

Tools -> OpenPGP -> Choose Open PGP version -> GNU Privacy Guard

Chosen, unfortunately I cannot open the keymanager after selecting GNUPG. I have told TB where my keyring is, unfortunately it's not signing any of my keys correctly (others cant read encrypted message).

Any ideas?

The Bat! has no key management system built in and can only invoke a key manager when it is a part of the "package". GnuPG has none by default. You have to invoke an external key manager to perform key management.

Having said that, the latest version of The Bat! Includes an "OpenPGP preferences" menu option that allows you to define a path for the key manager executable. Once you have defined that, The Bat! can invoke your key manager of choice.

As for
(others cant read encrypted message)
- this may be an issue of understanding  or configuration of OpenPGP that may be best handled in the PGP-Basics mailing list on YahooGroups.
iviarck

I found a great resource for setting up GPG and PGP to work with The Bat - granted it was written for 2.x+, but it still works for 3.x+:

http://www.kcoates.com/thebat_pgpguide.htm

Thanks again for all the help!
Pages: 1