Pages: 1
RSS
Wrapping problem

Hello!

I just noticed that outgoing messages loose their wrapping and receiver sees the message as one long line.

The message is wrapped in the editor while I type it, but as soon as it's sent out, everything is lost.

Using The Bat! Professional 3.62.14 and plain text editor.

Any way to correct this?

Thanks in advance!

Try using the MicroEd text editor instead of the Windows style text editor:
Options -> Preferences -> Viewer/Editor -> Default editor for text

I just noticed that outgoing messages loose their wrapping and receiver sees the message as one long line.

The message is wrapped in the editor while I type it, but as soon as it's sent out, everything is lost.

Using The Bat! Professional 3.62.14 and plain text editor.

Any way to correct this?

I am using the same version and my default editor is Windows/plain text. My settings pertinent are:

Wrap text at 100 characters

(I originally had the same problem and I seem to recall that the Micro-Ed settings made a difference even when using the Windows/plain text editor:)

Auto-wrap on

--
DD

Roelof Otten wrote:
Try using the MicroEd text editor instead of the Windows style text editor:
Options -> Preferences -> Viewer/Editor -> Default editor for text

Thanks. That helped.

However, I never used MicroEd because i hate the "free caret" option that MicroEd uses. Is it possible to disable it?

However, I never used MicroEd because i hate the "free caret" option that MicroEd uses. Is it possible to disable it?

No, you can't disable that.
Odd how peolpe's tastes in software can differ. I just love the free caret.

Roelof Otten wrote:
No, you can't disable that.
Odd how peolpe's tastes in software can differ. I just love the free caret.

That's too bad :(

Is there any chance that in the future there will be an option to disable free caret in MicroEd?

Not very likely. The way MicroEd is written has the free caret at its very foundation (that's what I've heard as explanation), so apart from a fundamental re-write of MicroEd it's not possible to make it optional.

Apart from that MicroEd is something you either hate or love and there's a considerable percentage of TB's existing customer base that just loves it, so my best guess is that Ritlabs will leave it alone. That was the reason for adding a second plain text editor.