Pages: 1
RSS
Offline mode

Hi all,

TheBat is my new mail client, but I have questions. I'm working on my notebook and using IMAP folders to connect to my mailbox.
Question1: is possible start theBat in Offline mode (if I not connected to network) with some startup parameter?
Question2: where I can find all startup parameters? I found only (/NOLOGO, /IMPORT, /EXPORT, /MAIL and /FOCUS)

Thanks.

PS: sorry of my english

Why nobody no response to my post? I plan buy 10 TheBat lic., but I need know answers to my questions.

And next question, is TheBat stable with IMAP folders? Because my testings experience does random results (some messages visible only after restart).

Why nobody no response to my post?
Lack of time, lack of answers, something like that I guess.
I plan buy 10 TheBat lic.,
That really doesn't matter to me, I'm just another end user like you.

Question1: is possible start theBat in Offline mode (if I not connected to network) with some startup parameter?
As you intend to use TB with IMAP it doesn't make any sense to do that off line, does it. The whole idea of IMAP is that don't store any mail locally, so using an IMAP account off line won't work.
Question2: where I can find all startup parameters? I found only (/NOLOGO, /IMPORT, /EXPORT, /MAIL and /FOCUS)
I think you've got most of them, there are some undocumented options, but those are mostly relevant for beta testing and such. AFAIK there is no full (public) list of available command line parameters.

I have 3 mail users on one computer.  How do I tell theBat which folder to use as the email database?
Eudora equivalent is  
"C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe" S:\USER_A\Eudora.ini
What is is for theBat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry, this should not have been in your "Offline mode" topic.  I'm still trying to figure out how to use this forum.
Edited: Peter DG - 03 March 2017 20:44:21

I am a fairly new user, but I'll attempt a few of your questions from my experience - which may not be addressing your concerns. .
1. Yes, you can start in offline mode. Set each account in Account>Properties>Options to not start immediately
3. I have found TB! to be stable with IMAP, but there may be slight variances, depending on how host sets up server. I noticed some settings do not apply to IMAP accounts. For example, I have not found a way to get 'empty trash on exit' to work.
4. If I understand your question on email database, I think the answer is Account>Properties>General and set the option near bottom of screen for mailto URL.

Personally, I have found TB! to be capable, but somewhat more complex than other email clients. I have been using for a month and daily find new features. Good luck.
Pages: 1