Pages: 1
RSS
Misleading upgrade email, Email arrives, you upgrade, your email client is now an evaluation

I got the upgrade message this morning (See below)

It reads like a revision and bug fix so I downloaded and installed.

Now my email client is an evaluation and I seem to have lost my full licence. :cry:

So what am I going to do???

Apart from the truly annoying situation mentioned above, the new version hangs up constantly. Oh dear. Time for a new email client...

Ritlabs Email
-------------
We are glad to inform of the release of the new The Bat! 3.01 version.

You can download the programme from our web-site using this link:

http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php

In this version we have fixed a number of bugs and typos in the user interface.
Therefore this improved the stability and functionality of The Bat!.

In particular:

- The Sorting Office interface has been improved. The user can now search
though the filters. The Sorting Office window has been given a new toolbar.

- The About box has been given a facelift.

- The IMAP protocol has been improved.

- The Bat! now consumes less memory and works much faster when viewing or editing large HTML messages.

- Many bugs have been fixed.

I'm not having problems with the new version's stability, but I agree about the 'upgrade' email from Ritlabs.

I have sent them a query as to the upgrade price.  I cannot understand why the 'normal' (i.e. not 50% off) upgrade price for existing (and registered) users seems to be the same as buying the product outright?!  I have not received a response as yet.

If the worse comes to the worse, I'll back up my email, remove v.3, re-install v.1 and apply my authorisation key to it.  I don't mind paying an upgrade fee if it seems good value for money.  I am not going to pay the same fee as somebody who doesn't already own the product, though!

Royston

I found V3 very good, but thought V3.01 might be even better. Nothing but problems (BayesIT see elsewhere) and I'm about to try to go back to 3.0.

Anyone else tried this with success? I'm afraid of the can of worms this might open.

Thought the same, downloaded the new version and got the 30 day trial message, not what I expected.

To get back to your old version, just download the old version and it'll pick up your key - well it did for me.

You can buy version 3 for 50% off the price - not sure if it's worth it though!

Mark

V3 is well worth it and those having problems with the default BayesIt spam filter should use Achim Winkler's very effective BayesFilter plugin instead.

I, too, have had numerous problems with BayesIt and gave up on it in the end.

It's only a plug in and can be easily replaced.
iviarck
Pages: 1