Pages: 1
RSS
I Desperately Need Help With Bat V3, "Server Reports It is not ready" ??

Hi,
 I have just finished configuring the Bat V3.  After the setup finished, i inserted my email address and followed all the steps.  THen i clicked on POP3 mail hoping that it wil work.

After that then The Bat! program utilized and i was at the email screen.  I clicked on my email and clicked on "Get New Mail F2" and then it gave me an error:
"connection Failed"

Then i tried to send mail: "Server Reports It is not ready"

IS this becuase of the Gmail.com email accounts?

Please Help Me
Thank You

John Starks wrote:
IS this becuase of the Gmail.com email accounts?
Exactly. Gmail does not offer pop3 access:
http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7402&query=pop3&topic=0&type=f

IT doesnt work with hotmail as well.  With pop3 mail at least.

Can some1 help me?

Thanks

That's because hotmail doesn't offer POP3 or IMAP either.

can you give me some FREE email providers that provide pop3 email services?

I am new at this stuff.

THank You :(  

Can't think of one.
However, you can use a proxy like web2pop that downloads webmail and makes it available via a local pop3-server.
Shouldn't be too difficult to configure.
Web2pop can be downloaded from: http://www.jmasoftware.com/english/
It isn't free software though.
In the past I've heard about more of these programs, can't think of any though. Probably a lack of interest from my part. ;-)

Ok i have got it  :!:

I have made some email accounts from pop3 email providers.  They all received the email but they could send it :(

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks Roelof Otten  

Am i doing something wrong?

Yes you are ... email is sent using SMTP servers. You need to know the address of the SMTP server and enter that into the account "Transport" settings.

POP3 is only using for incoming mail.
iviarck

You need to configure the matching smtp server correctly.
Most e-mail providers require some authentication, be it that you checked your pop3 mailbox before sending the mail or that you provide the smtp server with your username/password.
When you've done so according to the instructions of the providers and it still won't come through, it's possible that your ISP is blocking outgoing port 25 connections. Some providers do that as a spam protection measure. In that case they generally accept outgoing mail from all of their connections without caring about the From: address. In those cases you should enter your ISP's smtp server for every account, but without more specifics, I can't tell you anything more.
However, be careful what specifics you post, because this is a rather public forum. ;-)