Pages: 1
RSS
How to Extract emails from Bat messegs, bulk extract

Hello,

is there a way to extract emails from
retrived messages in inbox eg.

I need to collect all emails from my customers.

Can I use some other program, and export messages in some format? I have 30 000 messages in my inbox so its a little dificult task for manual picking :)
Thanks in advance!

30000 is a rather high number of messages to store in your inbox. It's advised to store your messages in multiple folders and to do your sorting on receipt of the messages with the filters in your sorting office.

However we are where se are and you want to export. Why do you want to export? What program needs access to your data or would it be sufficient to store your messages in multiple folders in TB's folder structure?

And what would be your sorting criterium? The from address or an address book group the sender belongs to. Or do you want to sort on the puchased product, is there any way to discover the purchased product?

Are there any other messages (as in not from customers) in your message base. Can those be recognozed easily. (Address book groups, mailing lists, whatever.)

Questions, questions. ;-) But basically what you said was I want to sort my marbles without telling whether you want to sort on colour, size or material.

Basically I'd suggest you do your sorting in TB and then consider the need for exporting and the format you need your exports in.

You can do your sorting with TB's filters (manual or automatic), provided that you can define conditions for automatic sorting.

The exporting can be done with TB's export tool (if you want to export to some other message format) or with other filters. Tell us what you need.

Yes, thanks on long reply!

Basically I want to export only email addresses without names or whatever else. Then I would import them in my aweber.com newsletter list, I asked the people at aweber and they allowed me to do it, because all the people agreed to receive newsletters, when they purchased my Product.

Unfortunately, this 30000 messages are filtered! I sead  
wrongly, I have 30000 mes. in my "Order Folder", and 114 000 messages in other filtered webform submited emails(support emails). All  "Order Folder" are filtered and all of them are  same, from same order form. Something happened bad at my web mysql base who capture logs, and need tho do it like this semimanualy.

Is there a bat export format, readable   for some external program who can spider all emails from exported file. I am not very expert o this email database filed. :(

Is there a hope for me?

Get them filtered first into folders. Then you can export the contents of a folder before deleting it.

The bat will export, but they are numbered which to me wasn't a great way to do it since I would have to search the folder for data I wanted

There are several outside utilities that will let you export with the subject intact (as the name of the EML or MSG file)  

They are filtered! 30000 mess. have same Subject!

When I want to delete folder it give me 3 options:

Move to Trash
       Wipe
       Leave message base files intact
??

I am not sure, what you are saying, I don't need subject or anything else just a one clean txt file with emails.

Move it to trash - you can delete the messages from trash. If you find you made a horrible mistake you can get them back. Once you empty the trash and compress the folder they are GONE

If this is a big issue for you perhaps a 3rd party converter would be the way to go. I save the individual messages as MSG files with the subject line as the file name then zip them up. After that delete them from The bat and compress the folder

Rick G writes:
Move it to trash - you can delete the messages from trash. If you find you made a horrible mistake you can get them back. Once you empty the trash and compress the folder they are GONE

I dont understand you, why would I move my messages into trash and delete them? I need all this messages, they are not spam but ALL 30000 are 30000 customers emails, I need they adresses!

How can I save 30000 mess. individualy it would take me
10 days just doing that.

And I have tried 6 programs for extracting email addresses that should work with outlook, incredmail, edudora, the bat, etc but they dont work as they should, like Outlook Express Backup Genie
Outlook Email Address Extractor Pro
Atomic Email Logger
Advanced Mailbox Processor  ... etc.

Jeahaa! :D

I finaly got it I used ABC Amber TBB Converter
that works 100 % with The bat and then exported messages to csv Excel file, selected and copyed column with body part and saved it to txt file, now its easy to spider that txt file to get addresses!!
 :D  

It's good to hear that you succeeded.
It wasn't necessary to resort to an external program though. As you only needed the from addresses of your messages you only needed a manual filter that checked for any message in your source folder and set the action to export to text (add to existing file) with this template:
%FromAddr
That would result in a single file with all from addresses.
The way to execute the filter would be to select your source folder, and from the menu:
Folder -> Re-filter -> Manual only (and select the rule set where you created your new filter)

As easy as that.

Mikica Juka writes:
When I want to delete folder it give me 3 options:

Move to Trash
Wipe
Leave message base files intact
??
Mikica Juka writes:
I dont understand you, why would I move my messages into trash and delete them? I need all this messages, they are not spam but ALL 30000 are 30000 customers emails, I need they adresses!

Good question, why ARE you? You asked, I answered

You had success with Amber converter. THat is the best and it is inexpensive.

Roelof Otten writes:
It's good to hear that you succeeded.
It wasn't necessary to resort to an external program though. As you only needed the from addresses of your messages you only needed a manual filter that checked for any message in your source folder and set the action to export to text (add to existing file) with this template:
%FromAddr
That would result in a single file with all from addresses.
The way to execute the filter would be to select your source folder, and from the menu:
Folder -> Re-filter -> Manual only (and select the rule set where you created your new filter)

As easy as that.

Can you please help how this can be done with version 4 of Bat. I tried a few things but the filter did not work. Please walk us through each step.

From the menu:
Account -> Sorting Office -> Read messages -> File -> New Filter
Name: Export addresses
Condition: Any message
Action -> Add -> Export the message
The properties of the action:
File c:\temp.txt (or whatever file/path you deem appropriate)
Export format: Plain text
When the destination file exists: Append to the existing file
Press the 'Template...' button
Add this single line to the empty template that's shown: %FromAddr
Press OK
Press OK
Select the 'Options' tab of your filter
This filter is active: Yes
Use this filter manual refiltering only: Yes
Pres OK

Now select the folder you want to process
From the menu: