Pages: 1
RSS
No images in HTML messages... only red crosses, no images shown in html messages.....

:evil: that is me at the moment....

suddenly The Bat 3.0 decided not to show images in the html messages any more...it did used to until one day literally... i dont remember manipulating any of the options...

the format of the message is still there, but instead of images all i see are stupid little red crosses...

anyone got a cure, please?!

Cheers

Darko

Nothing did change, but TB only shows images that are included in the message. When you're seeing those crosses, the images aren't attached, but they're links to images somewhere on the internet.
When you want to see them, you double click on the HTML attachment, so it'll be opened with your default browser.

yeah, double clicking the attachment works fine....

but i was pretty sure that TB was showing that same mesage properly when it first arrived. Could it be possible?

Darko

i have just received a html message.... TB only showed a crosses while my other trial email program opened it no worries....all images there... i think the images are embedded into message... once double clicking the attachment, firefox shows it no worries...

is there a setting that i could somehow somewhere clicked to disable the images in html messages?

Dee Bee wrote:
i have just received a html message.... TB only showed a crosses while my other trial email program opened it no worries....all images there... i think the images are embedded into message... once double clicking the attachment, firefox shows it no worries...

QED Really. If the images were attached to the message then FireFox would NOT be able to display them!!  :D

is there a setting that i could somehow somewhere clicked to disable the images in html messages?

No. The sender of the messages clicked an option not to send the images with the messages. The explanation given by Roelof is completely correct and you should read it again. TB will not and never has downloaded anything from the internet outside of email protocols. It has always been this way. Any images you have seen were sent with the messages. Images that don't show in TB but do in other programs are being downloaded using HTTP protocol. This is a known exploit vulnerability and should not be done for email.
iviarck

no worries... thanx for that...

u learn something everyday and i just did....
Pages: 1