Pages: 1
RSS
Multiple receiving of the same Mail, Does anyone have the same problem?

I had the thing in 1.61 too, but it dissapeared after a month. Now with version 3 it is the same old problem:

I have 2 mailbox accounts (1&1.de and GMX.de). I do not wish to delete the mails on server after pop.
On both accounts sometimes the newest mails are received again and again. I have to use the webmail or "postfachinspector" to delete them.

I tried to use the "delete after xx days" and the "delete after deleted in trash" options without change.

Can you help me? :{}  

It can be due to possible problems
1. All received and stored on server message's UIDLs have to written in file account.m_r. If you have problem with this file (broken, R/O) and fresh UIDLs not stored it it, messages will be considered as new at next fetch

Problem can be solved from your side

2. Messages identifiers (UIDL) must be "long-time unique". But not all servers fit nto this condition. If you have message in base and new message with same UIDL on server - there are some strange effects here (message can be invisible for The Bat, can be loaded all times, as in your case

It's server-side problem, you can oly claim to fix it

3. Sometimes message can't be imported to Inbox and stay in TEMP dir (but The Bat write in log about error). Try to find such "bad" message in TEMP (bat*.tmp file). If you have AV-monitor, also disable scanning bat*.tmp files in Windows $TEMP directory
--
Errare humanum est
Pages: 1