Pages: 1
RSS
Registry corrupt so something wrong with program?

Well, as luck would have it, the registry became corrupted so I'd to create a new profile on WinXP. Ehh, however, there's something wrong with The Bat. It keeps prompting me to create a new account or restore from a backup.

Anyway, is there a method to solve this? I don't want to lose my messages!  :cry:  

Tell it to create a new account and point it to your old account, it will take those settings, messages, folders and everything else.

Erm, a new account, huh? How do I point it to the old account?

By specifying the name of the account exactly as it was. TB will tell you "Hey - that's already there ... should I use it?". You say "yes". And you should be up and running in seconds.

Of course, you should take a backup copy of the mail folder before doing this .. just in case it all goes wrong.
iviarck

Ahhh thanks!

Btw, there's this new problem. When I start up the program, it says:

"It seems that something is present in your registry but it is not enough or corrupted!"

I actually reinstalled The Bat manually, deleted the folder and then removed the RIT string from the registry but it still happens. o_O;; Did I forget to delete another string from the registry or do I need to reinstall my o/s?

When you deleted the entire Rit section that should be enough for TB, but my guess is that you've left something about BayesIt or some other plug-in