Pages: 1
RSS
New mail not automatically filtered, New mail not filtered but will move successfully when refiltered

Most incoming mail does not get filterd Some does. If I refilter the folder the mail moves via the filter so the basic filter setup must be ok
The filters work, but filtering is not triggered by incoming mail

I assume that these are in the Incoming Mail category of the sorting office of an account.

Each filter definition has three tabs: General, Options and Statistics. Have you checked the Options tab to see if the filters are marked as active, not 'manual re-filter only', and that 'continue processing with other filters' is on, too?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

They are active and "shared with" the account (plus a couple of others) None are set for manual filtering. I added the "continue processing" but I have no filters that need that
Thanks for the fast response

I wonder if it's the 'shared with' that causes he problem. Do filters that are local to the current account work without hiccups?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
I wonder if it's the 'shared with' that causes he problem. Do filters that are local to the current account work without hiccups?
All the "shared with" items were off when I created the filters. I put them on to about 4 accounts including the account I am using for testing purposes. I just removed them all and will see what happens. I have checked everything I can think of including the downloading of the entire IMAP message
I have even cut a filter from the common filters and pasted it under the propper account with no change in behavior

Thanks for your help
Edited: Rick G - 08 April 2021 20:17:20 (Adding information)

The filters stopped working with the removal of the "shared with" check marks. I added them back in and the folder refiltered sucessfully
One more bit of knowledge

And ... I created a POP account, shut off the IMAP account and the filtering works perfectly (so far)
Is this some sort of bug? (Are other IMAP users reporting this?)

I also started running the bat as administrator although that had no effect on the IMAP filtering

I think you already know, but just to be sure, there is a difference between 'match' and 'contains' in searches of IMAP messages, and some people found that one of these didn't work for them. I doubt if it's related to your problem but again, just to be sure..:

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic14902/message50404/#message50404

It seems to have sorted itself out. I am working on some other issues and will probably be back  :D  
Pages: 1