Pages: 1
RSS
HTML template TheBat! 5, HTML template from HTML source code or anyhow

Hi,
Is there a way I can create an HTML email message from the HTML web page I have prepared previously in other software, not in TheBat!
I have a ready page which I want to send by email but not as attachment.
I converted the CSS to inline CSS but I don't see the option to insert the HTML code to new email message in TheBat! 5
Is it possible at all?
Thanks for any answer.

Best,
Jozsef

Have you found a way to ins ert HTML in to TheBat! email messages? Maybe you can save an empty template and then edit the file in which it is saved using Notepad++ or similar text editor. This can be done in Outlook, but I have not found a way to do this with TheBat!.

If someone knows how I can insert HTML code into TheBat, please reply.
I really need this option.
Edited: Vojkan Cvijanovic - 16 October 2018 17:18:59

When you edit a HTML template in The Bat, there's a Macros option in the menu. It has a command named 'Include a Template File'. Have you tried if that does what you need?

Templates are stored in a file named ACCOUNT.CFN (within that account's subfolder in the mail directory). However, this is a binary file in an undocumented format and editing it directly, using a hex editor, would likely lead to serious unexpected problems, if it works at all. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a good backup and time to make sense of its format.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
When you edit a HTML template in The Bat, there's a Macros option in the menu. It has a command named 'Include a Template File'. Have you tried if that does what you need?

Templates are stored in a file named ACCOUNT.CFN (within that account's subfolder in the mail directory). However, this is a binary file in an undocumented format and editing it directly, using a hex editor, would likely lead to serious unexpected problems, if it works at all. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a good backup and time to make sense of its format.
It's not possible to include html file.
Constants and macro are good functionality but not editable html template is a lack of functionality.

Correct, the 'include a template file' macro cannot be used for this purpose.

However, you can use HTML in a quick template, and then make a message template that includes the quick template.
See https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic13528/message46382/#message46382
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

That's... Rather complicated way of doing it. Has anyone created support ticket? I am happy to draft one, but rather check first to avoid duplicates.
Pages: 1