Pages: 1
RSS
Icons very small on WIndows 10 tablet, Windows 10, icons

I have just put The Bat! on a Windows 10 tablet/laptop hybrid. I can change the size of all the text in the program but the icons are tiny.  Sometimes the message text is also very small but I've set up a shortcut to resize that.

I'm using the latest 32 bit version because I want to carry on using a 32 bit addon.  I have used The Bat! on a similar size screen before on a Windows 7 laptop (though it was an earlier version) and had no problems with the size of icons.

Any ideas?

Hallo Sharon,

I have exactly the same problems.  In my case it is due to a very high (QHD) resolution on my dell xps13 laptop.  It seems that The Bat does not play well with Windows 10 or high resolution screens.  As a matter of fact windows 10 struggles in many ways with this (I hate windows 10 in every way).

The icons in TB are not supplied in a resolution that works.  They need to supply them in a higher resolution in the program so that they scale properly.  The same thing happens with the HTML viewer.  TB simply does not play well with high resolution screens.  I am sure that they are working on this as the trend is for higher resolution in the future.  At least I hope that they are.

Are you sure that you have not set your graphics to display too high a resolution?

One work around for the icon sizes is to go into the tool bar settings and  make sure that you select "toolbar" icons.  Also, there is a setting somewhere to add titles to the icons (a word or two).  This makes TB more usable.

How did you fix the HTML issue?  You mentioned a "short cut"?  How and where?

Can you start a ticket with Ritlabs on this please?  The more people mention the problem the quicker I am sure that they will fix it.

Regards
Thomas

Sad to see that The Bat! still is not able to work with UHD resolution screens! On a Surface Pro 4 (2736x1824) screen the icons are so small. Why is Ritlabs not repairing this poor behaviour of its software?  

Did you try the solution from the last message in this thread?

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/messages/forum4/topic3420/message14092/#message14092
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

The Bat! version 7.4 works with high resolution very well. The program looks on ultra-high-definition 4K monitors as good as it does on ordinary ones. The users of regular monitors who have configured Windows to scale the user interface, for example, by 150%, will also benefit from these improvements in The Bat! in that version.  
Pages: 1