Pages: 1
RSS
Delete Address History

The Bat! Professional Edition
Version 7.4.14 (64-bit)

Is there anyway I can remove all address history?

When I tried to type email address in the "To:" out come a long list of email address, and those not even in my address book.

Thanks in advance.

This explains how to clear the address history and how to change its settings:

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/70/#6640
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I've tried and removed all the "tick" to remember history, but the old history is still somewhere in the memory.
Is there anyway I can see the list of history?
This explains how to clear the address history and how to change its settings:  

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/70/#6640

Well, at the bottom of your accounts panel, there's a tab named 'Addresses'. Click on that.
Then right-click in the address history list area. A context menu appears, where you can choose "Empty Address History". That should do it.
Edited: Daniel van Rooijen - 16 May 2017 22:01:48
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I've clear everything in the address history, but still list of history email address(even those not in the address book) when I compose new message :-(

(deleted because of accidental duplicate posting)
Edited: Scott Youngman - 24 May 2017 22:47:43 (Duplicate post)

I have the same question as Xelusi. The confusion is because there are two different address histories. One is the history which will appear in the "Addresses" tab of the Accounts tree, as described by Daniel above. Call this History-A

What Xelusi is asking about is the history list which drops down with Alt+Down in any address field of a new message (or click on the double-down arrow button at the right end of any address field). Call this History-B

Like Xelusi, I have deleted all addresses from History-A, but there are still addresses in my History-B. So the question is, how can we modify or delete History-B?

I've looked a little deeper into it, and it seems that The Bat is generating that list of addresses from the history of sent messages in that account's folder. When you delete ACCOUNT.HIS before launching The Bat, the list is empty.

I do not know what other purposes ACCOUNT.HIS may serve, so I'm not recommending that you delete it. Just saying that it seems to work for this particular purpose :-)

Version 7.4.14 (64-bit)

There is no *.HIS file in this version.

I move the file ACCOUNT.EIS in the email account folder and the history is finally clear.

Correct - if you use encryption, the fie will be named *.EIS.

To stop TheBat! from remembering any email address, the next thing I'll do will be make a text file ACCOUNT.EIS then make it "read-only".
Will revert the result later on.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
I've looked a little deeper into it, and it seems that The Bat is generating that list of addresses from the history of sent messages in that account's folder. When you delete ACCOUNT.HIS before launching The Bat, the list is empty.
Thank you, Daniel -- that describes it perfectly.

xelusi wrote:
To stop TheBat! from remembering any email address, the next thing I'll do will be make a text file ACCOUNT.EIS then make it "read-only".
Will revert the result later on.
It did NOt work. When shutting down TheBat! error message show thebat fail to write on that file.

xelusi wrote:
It did NOt work. When shutting down TheBat! error message show thebat fail to write on that file.

If that's the only problem that you ran into with the R/O history.eis file, that's easy to solve: just launch The Bat from a batchfile that first deletes the history.eis file and then runs The Bat. That way, The Bat can still update the file when it exits (=no more error message).

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
 xelusi  wrote:
If that's the only problem that you ran into with the R/O history.eis file, that's easy to solve: just launch The Bat from a batchfile that first deletes the history.eis file and then runs The Bat. That way, The Bat can still update the file when it exits (=no more error message).
Great ideal! Thank you!

In addition to a history of sent-mail addressees, ACCOUNT.HIS also saves a history of sent-mail subjects. The history of either can be seen by clicking the double-down arrow icon when in the respective field of a new message.
Pages: 1