Pages: 1
RSS
Adding a macro to replies which reproduces alias email address...

Here's a use-case, and I wonder whether there's a macro to cover it?

1) I reply to an email.

2) I want to reply from an alias, which I have set up in Quick Templates for that account as %FROM="xxx@yy.zz". (The alias address is in fact the email address to which the person wrote to me.)

3) I want to add my name and (alias) email address to the end of my text. At the moment, I use:-

Kind regards,

%FromFName
%FROMADDR

4) But I want the address-from to reflect the alias address, not the main account address.

5) Is there a macro to cover that use-case?

Thanks!

%OTOADDR should return the e-mail address to which the original message (that you are replying to) had been sent.

For a full list of macros, see https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/73/ or use the menu in the template editor or filter editor.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Alternatively, you could use a filter to route incoming messages for different accounts to different subfolders. For instance, mail to support@yy.zz goes to the subfolder Technical Support and mail for billing@yy.zz goes to the subfolder Accounting. Then, make different Reply templates in the properties of each subfolder. I think this is the most common approach.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks. Appreciated!
Pages: 1