Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 Next
RSS
TLS Handshake Failure (Gmail problem) - appreciate any help on how to fix

Maxim Masiutin wrote:
Sad but true. With Avast mail scanner off, gmail works like a charm. With it on, I also get BuildClientKeyExchange Internal Error.
The Bat! version 9.1.12 or later has the /TLS_DISABLE_ECDSA command line parameter that disables the cipher suites with Ellipric Curve DSA server certificates. You can try running The Bat! with this command line parameter to see whether it helps.

Radosław Olesiński wrote:
nfortunately, I've got also this problem. For me fix doesn't work. After deleting gmail.account, and installing 9.1.10 version, sending started to work. After two hours, it stopped working. I changed logging, ports and do everything i can. I am using GDATA antivirus software.
From the logs that you have shown I see that it is some kind of connection problem, not a TLS problem. The fact that there is the following line in the log file: "Gimap ready for requests from 185.172.86.48 z16mb58163434ltp", means that TLS handshake have completed successfully and the server event sent data to the client via the encrypted channel. What might have caused further connection problems remains a mystery.

Maxim Masiutin wrote:
Miloslav Maun wrote:
It still does not work even with the version 9.1.10The error message has changed. Now it's "SEND  - Chyba protokolu TLS: Vnitřní chyba BuildClientKeyExchange."
It seems that the Avast Antivirus is replacing the root certificate and it somehow leads to the BuildClientKeyExchange error. That's why it probably only happens with those who use Avast, not with other users.
But it never been the problem, more than 10 years I have Avast + TheBat. Are you check this bug to fix work of Avast+TB+Gmail?
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Jay Walker wrote:
Maxim Masiutin wrote:
This issue is resolved in The Bat! version 9.1.10, it can be downloaded from   https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php  
Thanks, Maxim. Up and running. Successfully sent and received over Gmail. So far, so good.
Just one quick comment/observation. I wish you had released 9.1.10 on the basis of the previous MSI (9.1.6) instead of the latest Beta with its various toolbar issues (including the disappearance of toolbar buttons on minimization and restoration, which is a bit of a hassle). TB general users are not Beta testers. But that is a small issue. The big issue... Gmail certificates... does seem to be resolved, and that is much appreciated.
The Bat! 9.1.x is alpha version not finished during last few months with big problems with toolbar. This version shouldn't be realeased. How we can pay for product which is not finished ... and right know all users which use version 7.x 8.x have to buy alpha version of 9.x to use gmail mail only? This is rather bad joke.

We have about 20 licences of The Bat!. Version "thebat_64_7-4-16.msi" doesn't have this problem and works correct (today !!!) but version "thebat_64_8-8-9.msi" have problems to download gmail.
Version 9,x we doesn't use even we have licenses because it's not finished. Right know we have to back to 7.4.16 version. This is so crazy situation.

Maxim Masiutin wrote:
Andrzej Czerkowski wrote:
Sad but true. With Avast mail scanner off, gmail works like a charm. With it on, I also get BuildClientKeyExchange Internal Error.
Miloslav wrote that after updating Avast to latest version, it started to work properly. What version of Avast did you use that led to the BuildClientKeyExchange error?
ver. 20.2.2401, build 20.2.5130.566, Apr. 1, 2020

I am having the some problem today

it is not related with Anti virus

I am having the same problem and I also use Avast.  I just disabled Avast and did a check for new emails from Gmail and now it is downloading thousands of emails from last September. I don't know what is happening but I hope that someone can figure it out.  I just upgraded to the newest The Bat hoping that would fix the problem, but it won't work unless I have Avast disabled.

Ann C wrote:
I am having the same problem and I also use Avast.  I just disabled Avast and did a check for new emails from Gmail and now it is downloading thousands of emails from last September. I don't know what is happening but I hope that someone can figure it out.  I just upgraded to the newest The Bat hoping that would fix the problem, but it won't work unless I have Avast disabled.
Once Avast was enabled again, I am getting the same error message as before and Gmail won't download.

Maxim Masiutin wrote:
Miloslav Maun wrote:
It still does not work even with the version 9.1.10The error message has changed. Now it's "SEND  - Chyba protokolu TLS: Vnitřní chyba BuildClientKeyExchange."
It seems that the Avast Antivirus is replacing the root certificate and it somehow leads to the BuildClientKeyExchange error. That's why it probably only happens with those who use Avast, not with other users.
I uninstalled Avast and installed AVG and it is still giving the same error.  

Avast has a workaround for this at https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Troubleshoot-invalid-email-certificate.

I tested voyager 7.x. It works fine. I'm curious of owner of Ritlabs explanation how it possible that version 7.x with this problem works fine but 8.x not.

I have the same problem since beginning of April with receiving mails form my 2 Gmail accounts. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. Since today I cannot receive anything except I deactivate Avast. And now I just see that I cannot even send mails from those two accounts; I could during the day. So for sending I have also deactivated Avast now.
With my GMX accounts everything works properly.
My protocol looks like this
Code
09.04.2020, 16:33:49: FETCH - Empfange Nachrichten
09.04.2020, 16:33:49: FETCH - Verbinde mit POP3-Server pop.gmail.com auf Port 995
09.04.2020, 16:33:49: FETCH - Einleitung TLS-Handshake
>09.04.2020, 16:33:49: FETCH - Zertifikat S/N: 
692186C7A93E9D4CA9E06E58C5A82C71, Algorithmus: 1.2.840.10045.2.1 (256 
Bits), ausgestellt von 24.03.2020 06:48:03 bis 16.06.2020 06:48:03, für 1
Host(s): pop.gmail.com.
>09.04.2020, 16:33:49: FETCH - Besitzer: US, California, Mountain View, Google LLC, pop.gmail.com.
>09.04.2020, 16:33:49: FETCH - Aussteller: generated by Avast 
Antivirus for SSL/TLS scanning, Avast Web/Mail Shield, Avast Web/Mail 
Shield Root.
!09.04.2020, 16:33:49: FETCH - TLS-Protokollfehler: Interner Fehler BuildClientKeyExchange

I just came back to version 7.4.16 (64-bit) - no problem with gmail, I have 7.x and 8.x licenses - I don't think I will buy licenses for 9.x

Landon Kimbrough wrote:
Avast has a workaround for this at  https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Troubleshoot-invalid-email-certificate .
I've tried that during the day, but it did not help.

Jay Walker wrote:
Maxim Masiutin wrote:

Jay Walker  wrote:
Beta with its various toolbar issues (including the disappearance of toolbar buttons on minimization and restoration, which is a bit of a hassle).
 You may disable (uncheck) the option "Do not put The Bat! to Windows Task Bar" and restart The Bat!, until we fix this issue.
Thanks, Maxim. I can confirm that this does resolve the problem... as does the latest version, 9.1.12.    The minimization issue only applied when one has opted to always minimize to the system tray. Anyway, once again, much thanks for resolving the problem with Gmail certificates, which had me trying all types of useless things and -    - even wondering what I must have done wrong for several days.
Jay can you please tell me how to do that. It seems I am too stupid today to find this after all day long trying to fix the problem. I am just an ordinary user and really have a hard time at the moment. And as I read that changing the anti virus program did not help, I don't want to uninstall Avast. Thanks a lot!!!

Maxim Masiutin wrote:
This issue is resolved in The Bat! version 9.1.10, it can be downloaded from  https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php
Sorry but not on my end. Last but not least I updated to 9.1.12 this early evening on one of my PCs and it still does not work. I have to deactivate mail check (in and out) in Avast to get the Gmail mails from 2 accounts.

briard wrote:
Jay Walker wrote:

Maxim Masiutin  wrote:

Jay Walker   wrote:
Beta with its various toolbar issues (including the disappearance of toolbar buttons on minimization and restoration, which is a bit of a hassle).
  You may disable (uncheck) the option "Do not put The Bat! to Windows Task Bar" and restart The Bat!, until we fix this issue.
 Thanks, Maxim. I can confirm that this does resolve the problem... as does the latest version, 9.1.12.    The minimization issue only applied when one has opted to always minimize to the system tray. Anyway, once again, much thanks for resolving the problem with Gmail certificates, which had me trying all types of useless things and -    - even wondering what I must have done wrong for several days.
Jay can you please tell me how to do that. It seems I am too stupid today to find this after all day long trying to fix the problem. I am just an ordinary user and really have a hard time at the moment. And as I read that changing the anti virus program did not help, I don't want to uninstall Avast. Thanks a lot!!!
 Briard, it seems that your problem is a bit different from mine. Yours seems to stem from the use of Avast as your antivirus app. And if the problem is connected with Avast, you might need to get it resolved from Avast. But if you are on Windows 10, you can do a simple test (or adjustment) while waiting for Avast to fix the issue. Windows Defender (the inbuilt antivirus program in Windows 10) works well enough for most people. Personally, that is all that I use. So you can simply switch off - disable, not uninstall - your Avast, and switch on the Windows Defender to use as antivirus. Then install or re-install TB 9.1.12. My guess is that will resolve your problem. In any event, that's the best advice I've got.
Edited: Jay Walker - 09 April 2020 22:48:40

briard wrote:
Maxim Masiutin wrote:
This issue is resolved in The Bat! version 9.1.10, it can be downloaded from   https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php  
Sorry but not on my end. Last but not least I updated to 9.1.12 this early evening on one of my PCs and it still does not work. I have to deactivate mail check (in and out) in Avast to get the Gmail mails from 2 accounts.
Installing the latest version of The Bat did not work for me either.  I ended up uninstalling Avast and also deactivating AVG that I had tried to use as a replacement.  I am currently running with only Windows Defender.  Everything is working now, but not with any other anti-virus program installed.  I hope that Ritlabs can figure out what the problem is because I live and die by Gmail accounts.  I use The Bat to categorize all of my Gmail accounts into different folders so this is a real pain if I have to use Gmail online instead of downloading to my computer.

Same problem here: V. 8.8.9, I can't send and I can't receive. I cannot connect to the SMTP server and neither can I connect to the POP server

I had Kaspersky Internet Security. Then, I have disabled Kaspersky and enabled Windows Defender with the same result.

I think it is not an antivirus problem, I think it must be a problem with The Bat or a problem with the Google server.

I stand corrected. BuildClientKeyExchange error is back and although it has something to do with Avast it's obviously also related to The Bat! Fresh install does not fix it, so do all other temporary circumventions.

Maxim Masiutin wrote:
Radosław Olesiński wrote:
nfortunately, I've got also this problem. For me fix doesn't work. After deleting gmail.account, and installing 9.1.10 version, sending started to work. After two hours, it stopped working. I changed logging, ports and do everything i can. I am using GDATA antivirus software.
From the logs that you have shown I see that it is some kind of connection problem, not a TLS problem. The fact that there is the following line in the log file: "Gimap ready for requests from 185.172.86.48 z16mb58163434ltp", means that TLS handshake have completed successfully and the server event sent data to the client via the encrypted channel. What might have caused further connection problems remains a mystery.
Mystery is found. Turning off scanning emails in gdata fixed the problem. So the problem is on connection between GDATA scanner and TB.  

I stand corrected. BuildClientKeyExchange error is back and although it has something to do with Avast it's obviously also related to The Bat! Fresh install does not fix it, so do all other temporary circumventions.
Andrzej, Ann, and others, I am not in a position to say that there is  not still a problem with TB's handling of TLS with Gmail. What I can say  is that the problem disappeared for me with versions 9.1.10 and 9.1.12.  And I can also say that those of you who are using a third-party  antivirus app and who have a persistent problem with TLS do not seem to  have adequate logical foundation for believing that there is still a  problem with TB's handling of TLS with Gmail. It is quite possible that  subsequent to Google's change in certificate requirements, TB is ahead  of the pack in resolving the issue. We all saw how quickly Maxim  responded and updated the TB msi version. Have you received a similar  update to Avast or AVG? Radoslaw presented a solution that is based on  disabling the GDATA scanner. As I understand, GDATA is a largely  deprecated Google API. You probably don't need such a scanner, and using  it may well lead to problems with later Google APIs. Again, how does  this become a problem in TB? So I humbly submit: If your antivirus  software is causing a problem with receiving or sending Gmail via TB...  and your operating system is Windows 10... then just disable your  third-party antivirus software (or somehow disable the GDATA scanner in  it). If you disable the third-party antivirus software completely, you  will default to using Windows Defender instead. And, IMHO, Windows  Defender offers as good or better protection than any other 'free'  antivirus software. Maybe it's not the 'devil you know', but it is not  hard to get acquainted.  :)

Edited: Jay Walker - 10 April 2020 10:35:00

Jay Walker wrote:
Andrzej, Ann, and others, I am not in a position to say that there is  not still a problem with TB's handling of TLS with Gmail. What I can say  is that the problem disappeared for me with versions 9.1.10 and 9.1.12.  And I can also say that those of you who are using a third-party  antivirus app and who have a persistent problem with TLS do not seem to  have adequate logical foundation for believing that there is still a  problem with TB's handling of TLS with Gmail. It is quite possible that  subsequent to Google's change in certificate requirements, TB is ahead  of the pack in resolving the issue. We all saw how quickly Maxim  responded and updated the TB msi version. Have you received a similar  update to Avast or AVG? Radoslaw presented a solution that is based on  disabling the GDATA scanner. As I understand, GDATA is a largely  deprecated Google API. You probably don't need such a scanner, and using  it may well lead to problems with later Google APIs. Again, how does  this become a problem in TB? So I humbly submit: If your antivirus  software is causing a problem with receiving or sending Gmail via TB...  and your operating system is Windows 10... then just disable your  third-party antivirus software (or somehow disable the GDATA scanner in  it). If you disable the third-party antivirus software completely, you  will default to using Windows Defender instead. And, IMHO, Windows  Defender offers as good or better protection than any other 'free'  antivirus software. Maybe it's not the 'devil you know', but it is not  hard to get acquainted.  
Sorry, please go to https://www.ritlabs.com#message49381  As I said, I have disabled Kaspersky and enabled Windows Defender but the problem continues
Edited: Jose Vicente Blanco - 10 April 2020 12:04:38 (correction)

Jose Vicente Blanco wrote:
Same problem here: V. 8.8.9, I can't send and I can't receive.

The original TLS problem (not related to antivirus software) was only solved in version 9.1.10....

See https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic14727/message49282/#message49282
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 Next