Pages: 1
RSS
Sudden problem with sending messages., Can't reply, forward, reply all.

When I try and send, reply, forward, reply all I get the following error message;

You cannot leave FROM: field blank.

The Bat! was working normally this morning and now it isn't. I have not modified any settings. I can still receive mail but not send. I have checked and the From Address field in Account Properties General is correct.

Any suggestions please ?

Simon.

Puzzling. When in compose window and you highlight the FROM field, is there a dropdown menu on right? That might show the address.

Have you upgraded recently, changed any settings or edited any templates? There's always a cause for a change in behaviour..

When your message is still in the editor, sending details like the Subject and the From address are shown (or can be shown) right above it.

If you don't see the From address, right-click on the name of one of the other items, such as Subject, to make From visible. Hopefully that will at least enable you to enter a from address (like David explained) if none has been filled in automatically.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

david kirk wrote:
Puzzling. When in compose window and you highlight the FROM field, is there a dropdown menu on right? That might show the address.
Hi David, Yes there is a drop down menu, when I right click on the various fields, with the TO:, CC:, BCC and Subject ticked.

Simon.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Have you upgraded recently, changed any settings or edited any templates? There's always a cause for a change in behaviour..

When your message is still in the editor, sending details like the Subject and the From address are shown (or can be shown) right above it.

If you don't see the From address, right-click on the name of one of the other items, such as Subject, to make From visible. Hopefully that will at least enable you to enter a from address (like David explained) if none has been filled in automatically.
Hi Daniel,

I have not changed anything in The Bat! However, I did upgrade my browser, Firefox, in the time between TheBat! working and The Bat! not working. Not sure if there is anything in that though and The Bat! was closed during the upgrade.

In all aspects the messages in the editor appear correct and look as they always have.

There is one difference that I have just noticed though;I have not modified the templates and The Bat! adds a signature which consists of;
[TABLE][TR][TD]
[/TD][TD]Best regards,
Simon                          mailto:email address redacted
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]
Only now I have noticed that my name is missing and there is no email address.

I have looked at the templates and they appear correct in that they have the appropriate code to insert a name and an email address. When they are viewed using Preview in the Template editor the name and email address are missing but would this prevent a message being sent as it appears to be formatting within the message rather than of the transport of the message ?

Of any use ?

Thanks,

Simon.

I'm still puzzled, too. Could you copy and paste your full Reply template here? Please enclose it in "code" tags, by selecting the pasted text and pressing the small "<..>" button above. A default Reply template looks like this (in my old TheBat v8):

Code
Hello %OFromFName,
%ODateEn, %OTimeLongEn, you wrote:
%Quotes
%Cursor
-- 
Best regards,
%FromFName                            mailto:%FromAddr
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hi Daniel,

As requested

Code
Hello %OFromFName,
%ODateEn, %OTimeLongEn, you wrote:
%Quotes
%Cursor
-- 
Best regards,
%FromFName                            mailto:%FromAddr
Regards,

Simon.

Looks exactly like the supplied template that I posted, too. So, that doesn't explain it either!

I'll let you know if I think of something else, but for now, I'm out of ideas..

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for looking. Appreciated.

Regards,

Simon.

FIXED

Support at Rit Labs came up with the following;

We suppose the file CONFIG.EDB that stores message list tabs, view modes and some other interface settings got corrupted.

Please try the following:

1. In the main window of The Bat! switch to the "Information" tab and open "Program Mail Directory:".
2. Close The Bat!
3. Switch to the window with the Program Mail Directory and rename the CONFIG.EDB file into CONFIG_1.EDB.
4. Start The Bat!

The headers settings will be reset to default.

FYI.

Simon.

That's good to hear. I would definitely not have thought of that solution - thanks for posting it! :)

What is "1. In the main window of The Bat! switch to the "Information" tab"

and what is "3. Switch to the window with the Program Mail Directory "

Thanks  :oops:  
Pages: 1