The feature “less secure apps” has been removed by Google recently. Hence, less secure apps feature will replace with Google Apps Password. Now if you are planning to access your Google Workspace or gmail using third party apps. Then, you need to generate Google Apps password.
Steps to Create Google Apps Password
You need to turn on 2 step verification before generating apps password because this is mandatory.
Steps to Turn On 2 Step Verification
- Login to your Google account.
- Choose Security option.
- Now click on 2 Step Verification.
- Enter your password and OTP to turn on 2 step verification.
Steps to Generate Google App Password
- Firstly, login to your Google Mail account.
- After that, choose Security option.
- Now choose App Password under security.
- Enter your account’s password and press Next.
- Thereafter, choose an App and Device accordingly.
- Click on Generate button for creating 16 digit app password.