Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat V9 Gmail configuration, Problem with getting The Bat to work with Gmail

I am using The Bat for very long time. I bought an upgrade to V9 to get it to work with Gmail.
Now when i try to set up The Bat on new computer i get an error when trying to access Authorization Code as described here:
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/news/7799/
Now i get error: Error 400: invalid_request
With further description:
Error 400: invalid_request
The  out-of-band (OOB) flow has been blocked in order to keep users secure.  Follow the Out-of-Band (OOB) flow migration guide linked in the  developer docs below to migrate your app to an alternative method.
redirect_uri=urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob

How can i make The Bat to work with Gmail.
Pls dont tell me to upgrade to v10. There has to be a solution or a bug fix to make it work!

Hi Mateusz, welcome. This is a user-to-user forum. I think you should report this issue directly to Ritlabs' technical support staff. You can do so using the Support menu at the top of the page. Good luck and please let us know the solution if/when you find one!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Mateusz Mor wrote:
Pls dont tell me to upgrade to v10. There has to be a solution or a bug fix to make it work!

I'm afraid this may be the case. Google changes things in their authorization procedure relatively often, and support for the new protocols may be implemented only in v10. OTOH, it can be some other type of problem.

You can easily determine which of the two it is: do a temporary install of the trial version of v10 and see if the problem goes away. If it does you're our of luck and must switch to v10 since v9 will not be updated any more. If the problem persists take it up with support.

Thank you for the answers.
So far i managed to install trial of V10, get all the necessary access codes through my browser with correct request. Return to V9 and it still works.

Forcing an update after just one year when you loose basic functionality looks greedy to me, and maybe one year later we will be forced to pay again:/

Mateusz Mor wrote:
So far i managed to install trial of V10, get all the necessary access codes through my browser with correct request. Return to V9 and it still works.

Did I understand correctly: You went through the authorization using V10 and this solved the problem with V9?

Mateusz Mor wrote:
Forcing an update after just one year when you loose basic functionality looks greedy to me, and maybe one year later we will be forced to pay again:/

Did you check when exactly you purchased the V9 license? If it was after June 1, 2021, it should be valid for V10, too.

Did I understand correctly: You went through the authorization using V10 and this solved the problem with V9?

Did you check when exactly you purchased the V9 license? If it was after June 1, 2021, it should be valid for V10, too.
1. Yep pretty much. Get acces codes on V10 and go back to V9 so it uses the downloaded authorization.It required to install program 3 times but did the job.

2.I purchased about 1 year ago so it is up to last V9 version.

Mateusz Mor wrote:

1. Yep pretty much. Get acces codes on V10 and go back to V9 so it uses the downloaded authorization.It required to install program 3 times but did the job.

2.I purchased about 1 year ago so it is up to last V9 version.
1. Whoah, that's interesting. Could be a workaround for folks who won't/can't switch to the new version but need to keep using servers that insist on OAUTH2 and similar authorization.

2. In that case the license is valid for v10 as well: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php#policy
Pages: 1